website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Best man of the day wins, Pagenaud takes his first Indy 500 and his second consecutive win!

Yeah that was a fun race, even if I really wanted that win for Rossi.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

People really don’t seem all that excited by Zandvoort. This guy is probably one of the best SIM racers in the world (he is slower than actual F1 drivers on a SIM, but he can keep up with them). He made a video trying out the track (Please disregard the obvious click bait title, he is still a YouTuber after all):

I’d be interested to know you thoughts @heywoodu. I also highly recommended the comments, there’s some funny stuff in there (about NED and F1 in general)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

43 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

People really don’t seem all that excited by Zandvoort. This guy is probably one of the best SIM racers in the world (he is slower than actual F1 drivers on a SIM, but he can keep up with them). He made a video trying out the track (Please disregard the obvious click bait title, he is still a YouTuber after all)

I’d be interested to know you thoughts @heywoodu. I also highly recommended the comments, there’s some funny stuff in there (about NED and F1 in general)

This guy seems to be the kind of guy who goes "oh wow, overtaking!!" at circuits like Baku, where the only possible overtake (basically) is a DRS-aided overtake on the straight based on pure power instead of skill. I don't take those very seriously :p 

Yeah it's definitely hard at Zandvoort, but even in Monaco we've seen it's possible and in way more interesting ways than the standard DRS.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Zandvoort's main thing is definitely the Tarzanbocht/Tarzan corner, a rare corner where you've actually got two perfectly fine but totally different lines, which makes it the prime spot for overtaking.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Aston Martin has announced plans to enter 2 LMP1 hybrid cars in the WEC starting in 2020 24 Hours. Toyota has announced plans to introduce a new LMP1 hybrid as well. Le Mans may be a bit more exciting next year (though the GTEPro and LMP2 battles this year should be the best ever). Nothing will ever beat the 3 years of Audi, Porsche, and Toyota though :cry:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus Christ. Things have just gone horribly wrong at the Formula 2 feature race in Spa, beginning of the second lap at the infamous Eau Rouge/Radillon combination.

The cars of Anthoine Hubert and Juan Manuel Correa have been completely destroyed, within a few minutes the race had not just been red-flagged, but cancelled overall. That is a very bad sign.