website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

4 minutes ago, Jur said:

Being included in YOGs first is a good first stop, let the sport grow and put in the big event when its interesting to watch.

Yes, and not after only a handful of years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm more of the "IOC destroys women's sports by adding them to the Olymics while not being competitive yet, so people think they are bad" camp :p 

I want to see two women's bobsleigh events, I want to see women's Nordic combined, but they have to be given at least some time to grow up into something that is at least somewhat competitive.

I'm not 100% behind IOC changes either (those mixed events are mostly unnecessary and will only be good for the top nations anyway), but at least they're trying to add new things (and nothing extremely radical like what happens on YOG). For some opinions here, it looks like 3 or 4 more women's events will completely ruin the Winter Olympics :p

Just now, vinipereira said:

I'm not 100% behind IOC changes either (those mixed events are mostly unnecessary and will only be good for the top nations anyway), but at least they're trying to add new things (and nothing extremely radical like what happens on YOG). For some opinions here, it looks like 3 or 4 more women's events will completely ruin the Winter Olympics :p

They definitely can, if it means reducing fields in competitive sports. :p

#banbestmen

Just now, hckosice said:

Thanks for 'biting', that's all I wanted :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!