website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

Where do you guys see removed quotas?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

It was taking too long before the "women are destroying the Olympics!!!" comments to appear :p

I'm more of the "IOC destroys women's sports by adding them to the Olymics while not being competitive yet, so people think they are bad" camp :p 

I want to see two women's bobsleigh events, I want to see women's Nordic combined, but they have to be given at least some time to grow up into something that is at least somewhat competitive.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Nate River said:

They talked about it during the press conference.

I did not know there was a press conference :p 

2 minutes ago, Nate River said:

23 is actually a really reasonable quota for a hockey team. 22 players can dress for a game, plus a third goaltender.

It becomes a liability to have so many players involved when the other sports need to have their quotas reduced.

Football has 11 players on the pitch, and it is working perfectly well with 18 team members at the Olympic tournaments. Hockey meanwhile somehow has 23 despite only 6 being on ice at one time...

#banbestmen

hace 31 minutos, heywoodu said:

Assuming you meant 2022, I'd say that is very good news. Women's nordic combined should be in the Olympics one day, but not when there is barely even a World Cup yet (it's 3,5 years before the Olympics and last season's Continental Cup barely seemed to have any interest). It really, really needs to grow and get at least somewhat competitive before being added to the Olympics, and going from 'first ever Continental Cup season' to 'Olympic sport' in 4 years is at least 4-8 years too short.

Being included in YOGs first is a good first stop, let the sport grow and put in the big event when its interesting to watch.