website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2017

Agger

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

There was one Vincentian who tried to qualify for Rio, so I assume that's him. :mumble:

Found this on the FISA website:

Ozave Miller (St Vincent and the Grenadines)
Ozave Miller is just 17 years old. He grew up in the seaside village of Layou where he spent most of his time in the sea, swimming and deep spear fish diving. A primary school teacher who lived in the same street as Miller thought that, due to his experience in the sea, he would be the right fit for rowing. His powerful stature also lent itself to his recommendation.

In April 2016, the St Vincent and the Grenadines Rowing Association was offered a development course in rowing through Olympic Solidarity and the World Rowing Federation, FISA. Miller attended and stood out among the 15 other young people at the course. His love for sport, his dedication to train and willingness to take instruction are some of the characteristics that have led to rapid progress which may see him compete at the 2018 Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

In Sarasota-Bradenton, Miller will compete in the men’s single.

Looks like this could be their youth Olympian, maybe a hope for 2020?

8 minutes ago, uk12points said:

Found this on the FISA website:

Looks like this could be their youth Olympian, maybe a hope for 2020?

:yes Looks like he might even challenge to qualify directly, judging by today's not that bad performance. Still, even if he fails, I expect that :VIN should be a frontrunner for a wild card.

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

:yes Looks like he might even challenge to qualify directly, judging by today's not that bad performance. Still, even if he fails, I expect that :VIN should be a frontrunner for a wild card.

They already have a wildcard, they’ve been allocated like so:

Mens Single Sculls

:NCA Nicaragua

:VIN St Vincent and the Grenadines

Womens Single Sculls

:LBN Lebanon

:UGA Uganda

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I meant this wild card for Tokyo 2020.

Oops!! Yeah definitely, I feel since FISA and the IOC Soldiarity Program have funded his training they will want to make sure that money is put to good use and gets him to the Olympics in 2020.