web
analytics

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

• Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign In | Create an Account

De_Gambassi

Winter Olympic Games 2026

If you only take events that existed at the 1988 Olympics (before all these "newer" events came), Canada would have still won 8 medals, 10 if you allowed the female counterparts in bobsled and ice hockey. Sure we'd drop a few spots, but we'd still be a top 10 nation rather than a top 5.

26 minutes ago, opruh said:

IOC is corrupt so this result is expected.

I don’t get how people see this as a corrupt decision. The IOC went with the safest option, which is completely understandable given their current situation.

Milan just had a good bid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, opruh said:

IOC is corrupt so this result is expected.

Olympics is business. Professional sports is business. China & the oil-power countries can afford to invest money without looking at revenue, hell, China has followed diplomacy thru sports for decades. Europe has suffered an economical nosedive in the last decade and people are unwilling to spend public money on Olympics anymore. It's not viewed as a window to the world anymore unlike some of these Middle East or Far East countries that basically hosted nothing in the XX century. Qatar & China are piling money into hosting big events in particular, the Western world is counting every penny instead. Even the Nordic ain't doing much and in some traditional winter sport countries there is no public support for this at all. So we get the snowy land of China instead, I can almost foresee how repulsive the alpine skiing venues will be there.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, phelps said:

I don't agree at all...:finger:

sure it wasn't the best edition ever, but what about Albertville, Nagano and Pyeongchang? (not to mention what awaits us in Beijing?) :facepalm:

I am just merely quoting the now-inactive Sport Reference...

6 hours ago, ofan said:

Also, ironically it was announced today that the San Siro will be demolished. I don't know if it this will be before or after 2026

I read that the new San Siro is expected to be ready in 2023

Posted (edited)

Apparantly some IOC delegates where sleeping durinf the final presentations and some didnt know which the candidates were until they arrived in Lausanne:mumble:

Edited by Swewi

5 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Apparantly some IOC delegates where sleeping durinf the final presentations and some didnt know which the candidates where until they arrived in Lausanne:mumble:

Least shocking news of the day...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

I read that the new San Siro is expected to be ready in 2023

The major of Milano say that San Siro will not be demolished until 2026

8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The major of Milano say that San Siro will not be demolished until 2026

Well the club managers announced otherwise today. San Siro is set to be demolished soon, and the new venue will sit on a nearby area.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well the club managers announced otherwise today. San Siro is set to be demolished soon, and the new venue will sit on a nearby area.

Without the approvation of the Comune di Milano, the owner of the San Siro stadium, they can't do nothing ;)