Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

De_Gambassi

Winter Olympic Games 2026

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

It's very sad.. Iit would have been my favorite city :(

Nah, 'we withdraw' would be sad, 'we are positive, but want everything right so wait for 2030' is hopeful :p 

Posted (edited)
1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Nah, 'we withdraw' would be sad, 'we are positive, but want everything right so wait for 2030' is hopeful :p 

Yes, sure.. Like Rome bid for 2020 OG? :evil:

Edited by Gianlu33
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, sure.. Like Rome bid for 2020 OG? :evil:

Honestly I have more faith in the Norwegians when it comes to something like this.... :p No offense :d 

Adesso, heywoodu ha scritto:

Honestly I have more faith in the Norwegians when it comes to something like this.... :p No offense :d 

I hope :pope: I think that another farce is the italian bid for the 2026 winter olympics...

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Oslo 2022 :p

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah... planning 12 years only for not to get chosen in the end for whatever reasons. The other side of "perfectly-planned" bids. :d

Edited by Quasit

What do you think about the swedish chances? Should be good since we have never had a winter olympics and are one of the top winter nations, and we have many successfull organized wintersport championships in the past.

1 minute ago, Swewi said:

What do you think about the swedish chances? Should be good since we have never had a winter olympics and are one of the top winter nations, and we have many successfull organized wintersport championships in the past.

yes, come on Sweden, time for first WOG :d

3 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Didn't Sweden already say "nope" and pull out last time? That doesn't sound promising :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

Didn't Sweden already say "nope" and pull out last time? That doesn't sound promising :p 

Much more serious plans this time I think and I think people and politicians will be more positive now when IOC has changed the rules so we could have the bobsleigh/luge/skeleton in Latvia or somewhere (of course not the best solution), and that IOC will contrbute with more money. :mumble:

il y a 17 minutes, Swewi a déclaré:

I'd say that if any (western) european city makes it to the final candidate stage, they will have it in the bag. The thing is, I don't believe anymore that a western european bid will survive so far (Sion was my best hope).