website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Today I learned Arianna Fontana apparently has eight Olympic medals :yikes: 

This happens when you only follow winter sports since what, 5 years? :raspberry:  It's rather clear you don't follow short track that much then.

Btw, de Fabbiani would be a dark horse for a medal and not exactly a sure thing tbh.

Just now, opruh said:

IOC is corrupt so this result is expected.

:yikes:  YES is expected, there isn't match agaist the weak dossier of Sweden......

WE have a strong plan and (hope)  we will realize anda great show, the Winter Olympic Games (without spend a lot of € uselessly)

Despite seem strange read MILANO (the city) with the word winter games this is a big win for our nation and I'm sure we will do a great show

Don't forget also as CORTINA is also a host, and the rest of North Italy  will have the benefits with this games.

:olympicrings: MILANO CORTINA 2026 :olympicrings:

If you only take events that existed at the 1988 Olympics (before all these "newer" events came), Canada would have still won 8 medals, 10 if you allowed the female counterparts in bobsled and ice hockey. Sure we'd drop a few spots, but we'd still be a top 10 nation rather than a top 5.

26 minutes ago, opruh said:

I don’t get how people see this as a corrupt decision. The IOC went with the safest option, which is completely understandable given their current situation.

Milan just had a good bid.

1 hour ago, opruh said:

Olympics is business. Professional sports is business. China & the oil-power countries can afford to invest money without looking at revenue, hell, China has followed diplomacy thru sports for decades. Europe has suffered an economical nosedive in the last decade and people are unwilling to spend public money on Olympics anymore. It's not viewed as a window to the world anymore unlike some of these Middle East or Far East countries that basically hosted nothing in the XX century. Qatar & China are piling money into hosting big events in particular, the Western world is counting every penny instead. Even the Nordic ain't doing much and in some traditional winter sport countries there is no public support for this at all. So we get the snowy land of China instead, I can almost foresee how repulsive the alpine skiing venues will be there.

7 hours ago, phelps said:

I don't agree at all...:finger:

sure it wasn't the best edition ever, but what about Albertville, Nagano and Pyeongchang? (not to mention what awaits us in Beijing?) :facepalm:

I am just merely quoting the now-inactive Sport Reference...

Apparantly some IOC delegates where sleeping durinf the final presentations and some didnt know which the candidates were until they arrived in Lausanne:mumble:

Edited by Swewi