website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

Because we are not naive?

I immediately predicted the fall of Swiss and Austrian bids. Why would Sweden be any different? Refresh your meory with page 1 of this thread. :p

we-must-accept-finite-disappointment-but

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Argentina will be the last option standing, just wait and see :p

I'll finally go to a winter Olympics :cheer:

That'd be so infinitely cool, home Olympics for all South Americans :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Argentina will be the last option standing, just wait and see :p

I'll finally go to a winter Olympics :cheer:

And when that falls through I’ll see in Salt Lake

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 ora fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

And when that falls through I’ll see in Salt Lake

I don't think IOC will award a nation with two consecutive games. I suppose that to avoid it they will sponsor a new bid with increased funding, if both Italy and Sweden will fail with their bids. I'd bet a euro on Vancouver, Lausanne and Barcelona, in this order.

11 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I don't think IOC will award a nation with two consecutive games. I suppose that to avoid it they will sponsor a new bid with increased funding, if both Italy and Sweden will fail with their bids. I'd bet a euro on Vancouver, Lausanne and Barcelona, in this order.

Vancouver would be a no because Canada’s already denied hosting rights, so residents would be upset. Barcelona is a no because the public would not support it, and it’s whole political crisis with Spain. Lausanne is a no, unless the IOC pays the full cost of hosting the games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minuto fa, Olympian1010 ha scritto:

Lausanne is a no, unless the IOC pays the full cost of hosting the games.

I honestly think this could really be the case, also considering that some structures will be used for 2020 (am I right?) winter youth games, so the cost can be probably be reduced, somehow

Adesso, phelps ha scritto:

I'm pretty sure there's and there will be no need for plan B...

but if that's gonna happen, my 2 cents are on 2 consecutive Games in Beijing (even if I don't exclude at all a trip in Astana as a payback for the 2022 Games' robbery)...

I didn't consider this, but it can also be a chance

IOC will probably try to award Milan like tomorrow, so they cant change their mind. But now Bach seriously needs to run to Sweden and Italy and kiss major ass, right now he needs them way more then they need him.

If both Stockholm and Milan fall IOC is staring at the abyss, running to Salt Lake for 2026 is great for us americans, however it's horrible for IOC, just think about the publicity of "the olympics that no one wanted" and i honestly dont see it changing any time soon, some major MAJOR changes needs to be made or the olympics will really become a thing of the past.

Every olympics in USA you say? ok fine! SLC and LA for FOREVER OLYMPICS, i'm buying that idea :)