website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

7 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Plesbicid on Calgary’s 2026 bid today. Early results look very bad for the bid, Robert Levingston is reporting that through the first 65,000 votes the no side is up 65-35.

And then there were 2?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

what a wonderful awake! :cheer::lol:  :p

no, seriously...I have a real conflict within myself...I'd like to be proud of the increased chances of Milan, but I'm so scared of the possible outcome and consequences of that happening (waste of public money -as if we were not already famous for that...we call it "magna magna", to be pronounced as if the "gn" was a Spanish "ñ"-  political fights beyond every imagination -as if we haven't had enough of them in the last 157 years- and also all of our NOC and winter sports federations funding and attention going lost from the youth activity and development of our sport causing years of miserable results after the "big event", as it happened with Torino 2006) that I just don't know what to think of all this...:mumble:

however, now it's clear that the Italian option is the last chance for the IOC...now they only have to put a red carpet between Milan and Lausanne, if they still realy care about the futrure of Winter Olympic Games...

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, phelps said:

what a wonderful awake! :cheer::lol:  :p

no, seriously...I have a real conflict within myself...I'd like to be proud of the increased chances of Milan, but I'm so scared of the possible outcome and consequences of that happening (waste of public money -as if we were not already famous for that...we call it "magna magna", to be pronounced as if the "gn" was a Spanish "ñ"-  political fights beyond every imagination -as if we haven't had enough of them in the last 157 years- and also all of our NOC and winter sports federations funding and attention going lost from the youth activity and development of our sport causing years of miserable results after the "big event", as it happened with Torino 2006) that I just don't know what to think of all this...:mumble:

however, now it's clear that the Italian option is the last chance for the IOC...now they only have to put a red carpet between Milan and Lausanne, if they still realy care about the futrure of Winter Olympic Games...

Can we stop declaring bids dead when they're factually speaking still alive? :lol: I think we have enough dying bids already :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Can we stop declaring bids dead when they're factually speaking still alive? :lol: I think we have enough dying bids already :p 

Because we are not naive?

I immediately predicted the fall of Swiss and Austrian bids. Why would Sweden be any different? Refresh your meory with page 1 of this thread. :p

#banbestmen