website statistics

Winter Olympic Games 2026 Bid Process

Just now, phelps said:

for sure, there will be a lot of lobbying at least for NTL (guess why? :p)...

I am aware of the NTL reasons :d

It'd be fun to see Russia or Austria take the spoils :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Ski ballet or death.

Lane Spina and Hermann Reitberger coming out of retirement, I'd like to post a thousand times 'Yes'.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
On 27/06/2019 at 01:30, heywoodu said:

I'm hoping for natural track luge, ice climbing and telemark. Let's see if one of them gets in :p

I’d honestly love to see all three. I’ve found them all highly entertaining to watch. Ice Climbing is what I really want though. First off, it would be the only winter sport not to use skates or skis. It’s unique from ever other sports on the program (meaning we’re adding a 8th sport, and not just another discipline). Plus, there are actually a lot of competitive countries (including :IRL @OlympicIRL). The events are super fun to watch, much like sport climbing, as they are just the winter equivalent. An event in Denver last year had a crowd of 25,000 and the atmosphere was awesome. The event will already feature as a demo sport at the 2020 YOG (hopefully full inclusion in 2024), so at least it’s on the IOC’s radar. So to me, 2026 seems like the right time to add it. This year’s season will feature 5 World Cup Events, a European tour (4 events), an Asian Tour (3 events, one of which will be in :IRI @MHSN, and another in :MGL :yikes:), a Youth World Championship, YOG demonstration, and three continental championships.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d honestly love to see all three. I’ve found them all highly entertaining to watch. Ice Climbing is what I really want though. First off, it would be the only winter sport not to use skates or skis. It’s unique from ever other sports on the program (meaning we’re adding a 8th sport, and not just another discipline). Plus, there are actually a lot of competitive countries (including :IRL @OlympicIRL). The events are super fun to watch, much like sport climbing, as they are just the winter equivalent. An event in Denver last year had a crowd of 25,000 and the atmosphere was awesome. The event will already feature as a demo sport at the 2020 YOG (hopefully full inclusion in 2024), so at least it’s on the IOC’s radar. So to me, 2026 seems like the right time to add it. This year’s season will feature 5 World Cup Events, a European tour (4 events), an Asian Tour (3 events, one of which will be in :IRI @MHSN, and another in :MGL :yikes:), a Youth World Championship, YOG demonstration, and three continental championships.

But instead, let's add monobob, which has 0 World Cup events, 0 European Tour events, 0 Asian Tour events, 0 World Championships events and so on.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Swewi said:

Read that italian NOC may be suspended. Could this mean they would be taken away the 2026 games?

yes, but this would be the ultimate punishment (not likely to happen)...

first there are a lot of steps to be made before getting to such stage...

here I explained what's going on between the current Italian Government (which won't last long, however...probably it will go down already in the next few hours/days) and the IOC...

https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/822-off-topic-politics-thread/&do=findComment&comment=230756

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

image.png

So.. Which new design you wanted for San Siro?

I personally prefer the design on the right

I absolutely love the one on the right, but the one on the left is a great reminder of the old San Siro. Plus, there’s not many square stadiums out there. I think I’d have to go with the right.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I absolutely love the one on the right, but the one on the left is a great reminder of the old San Siro. Plus, there’s not many square stadiums out there. I think I’d have to go with the right.

The second will have, outside the stadium in a "green area", the field of rhe current San Siro ;)