Synchronized Swimming 2016 Discussion Thread

dcro

2 hours ago, hckosice said:
2 hours ago, hckosice said:

There only Spain ahead of us in the results :mumble:

btw hello, welcome back :d

There only Spain ahead of us in the results :mumble:

btw hello, welcome back :d

I think you should be safe. Top 13 will qualify (Oceania and Africa reallocated). Also, assuming that Ukraine, Japan and Spain will qualify a team here.

These are qualifiers after technical routine: FRA, GRE, MEX, AUT, USA, KAZ, SUI, CZE, COL, ISR, ARG, SVK, GBR

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I am trying to follow the event, but there's little to no information available in Brazil. This is a shame.

What countries are taking part in the team competition? 

Seven nations

Canada, Chile, France, Italy, Japan, Spain and Ukraine

5 hours ago, dcro said:

I think you should be safe. Top 13 will qualify (Oceania and Africa reallocated). Also, assuming that Ukraine, Japan and Spain will qualify a team here.

These are qualifiers after technical routine: FRA, GRE, MEX, AUT, USA, KAZ, SUI, CZE, COL, ISR, ARG, SVK, GBR

You're leaving Italy out of the qualification spots

10 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Seven nations

Canada, Chile, France, Italy, Japan, Spain and Ukraine

Thanks. No participation from the host nation? We had a rough time at the PanAms, so I guess the experience from the Test Event would have come in handy for the Brazilian team before the Olympics.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Thanks. No participation from the host nation? We had a rough time at the PanAms, so I guess the experience from the Test Event would have come in handy for the Brazilian team before the Olympics.

I understand the FINA at the point of which is a pre-Olympic competition and we already have quotas.

But would be good see Brazil competing in the Aquatic Center Maria Lenk, although the girls are already quite familiar with the pool because they trained there last years.

Can anyone confirm about the qualification of duets.

If I am reading this correctly we will have our 20 duets known after the first free routine and then the eight which missed a spot will compete in a second free routine in order to get the final 4 spots. That's how it is worded in the FINA bulletin for this event, but the qualification page doesn't speak to this two tier qualification.

Edited by JoshMartini007