website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

9 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Luitz might very well have been more than just an outsider, at least regarding the medals. He was on the podium in all Giant Slaloms this season before his injury and also counting last season, he was in the top 5 for five Giant Slaloms in a row. But one can't change it. But it's just awful.

True, but in terms of (gold) medal chances he wasn't up there with those other four. Anyway, losing five rather serious medal chances (of course not definitely losing some gold medals, we'll never know about that) is just so incredibly disappointing for any nation :( 

And disappointing for the neutral viewer as well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 54 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

This is just getting cruel. After Severin Freund (ski jumping), Felix Neureuther (alpine skiing) and Lisa Zimmermann (freestyle skiing), also Heidi Zacher (ski cross) is out of the Olympics. Germany losing 4 serious (gold) medal chances in the run-up to these Olympics, the Bad Luck Award already definitely goes to them :( (not counting Stefan Luitz, who would be considered a medal outsider, but still)

Well, it's proportionnal to the gold medal chances you had in the first place. I'd argue losing Koukalova is a bigger blow for the Czech (their only gold medal chance, right ?)

The Olympics can be a ruthless machinery sometimes. All these athlete who lost 4 years for nothing and be forgotten for ever. Oh well...

vor 38 Minuten schrieb De_Gambassi:

Well, it's proportionnal to the gold medal chances you had in the first place.

Maybe. But while I like most other winter sports a lot as well, Alpine Skiing is my personal favourite, so losing Neureuther and Luitz was really a pretty hard blow for me. ;)

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Well, I hope the skicross golds to go Näslund and especially Öhling Norberg, for Anna Holmlund :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, Bearas said:

So the marathon of confirming the quotas started. Sill a long way to go, but we already have some rejections:

• Ski Cross: :CZE rejected one female spot. It should go to :FRA
  • Halfpipe: :FRA rejected one male spot. It should go to :IRL

I thought France already had like 78 ski cross spots in both men's and women's competitions :yikes: