website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2019

Mkbw50

3 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Brazil had lost 9 of the last 10 games, if I am not mistaken. A moral boost is more than we can want right now. :dunno:

oh I didn't know that. it was just weird for me that Brazil is the one wasting time and not Italy ! because 1-0 was actually a better result for Italy and not Brazil. with one more goal Brazil could win the group. while even 1-1 had the same outcome for Brazil (or even a loss)

This match made me experience something I've never saw before in a women's football match. A lot of people stopped everything to watch this on a week day (!) + Marta's goal was heavily celebrated. In terms of our standings in the competition, this didn't change much, but this win was not only a moral boost for the team, but also great for the general perception of women's football in Brazil. It was a beatiful moment and I'm glad I lived it.

Spoiler

Now back to reality... Brazil's next match maybe will be at the same time of a "important" Copa América game and Globo (main channel here) will probably favour them against the women's :redcard:

Spoiler

Maybe is for the best since right now Brazil is no match to France or Germany :zip:

34 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Jesus Christ, France in the round of 16 and USA in the quarterfinals. It could not be worse. :zip:

I always liked the games between Brazil and Germany, it would be a good time for another.

I'm just glad that at the end we'll end with 2 wins here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:ITA  First target reached: knock out stage :yes  The interest for the Women's NT grow up now, in Italy finally......

Win a group have "a little" advantage for next round, ITALY will play against one of the best 3rd between Nigeria, China or 3rd of group F (Chile or Thailand)

Respect but no fear, all is possible now, we have a great group of players!!!! :cheer:

DARE TO DREAM !!!

20 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

IMO, Italy is a clear favourite against any of these teams. Depending who will lose in each round (Brazil is definitely capable to knock out France or Germany), you could even have a chance to qualify for Tokyo.

1) Italy is a horrible side, they play extremely unfair.

2) I dont see how Brazil could knock out France to be honest.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) Italy is a horrible side, they play extremely unfair.

2) I dont see how Brazil could knock out France to be honest.

I'm not as impressed by France as many others seem to be. They aren't bad, but IMO not as good as the press made some out to be. IMO, they would be like 65:35 favourites against Brazil, while Germany would be like 55:45 favourites. It still gives Brazil a big enough chance for an upset in both cases.

Edited by EselTheDonkey