website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2019

Mkbw50

28 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

What they should do, but probably never will, is giving each continent one quota place and have decide the others in World wide qualifiers, like they do in Handball, Volleyball, Hockey etc.

Oh, and "Go, Thailand". :thumbup:

what they should do (for each sport of the Olympic program, actually also to decide which sports should be in said program) is just ask me who I want to be there...:rofl::raspberry:

p.s. and if they ask me also who should win all the medals, I wouldn't refuse the task...:hyper::roflmao::facepalm:

20 minutes ago, phelps said:

overall, not an easy task for us...

but surely easier than facing any other European rival...

China has been pretty lacklustre tbh. This ain't the 90s anymore. If you can't beat then now, you probably never will. I'd say Italy is the favorite in there.

The whole Olympics qualifying could be sorted out very quickly. England vs USA and Netherlands vs Germany are very feasible as World Cup SF and that would take care of all that.

If they took the Africa-South America play-off quota and either give it to Europe or have it like before where the host quota is subtracted from the continent and then have that continent have a play-off with Europe it would be fine without needing an extra tournament.

So looking at the bracket, France will probably be hoping one of Australia/Canada/Japan sneak into the semi-finals to force a European play-off for the last Olympic spot(s). Sadly, things don't look so great for Spain, it's hard to see fewer than 3 European teams advancing to the quarter-finals. England and Germany will be heavy favourites to advance while France will be the favourite against Brazil and even then it would require all of Norway, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden to lose their match as well.

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

So looking at the bracket, France will probably be hoping one of Australia/Canada/Japan sneak into the semi-finals to force a European play-off for the last Olympic spot(s). Sadly, things don't look so great for Spain, it's hard to see fewer than 3 European teams advancing to the quarter-finals. England and Germany will be heavy favourites to advance while France will be the favourite against Brazil and even then it would require all of Norway, Italy, Netherlands and Sweden to lose their match as well.

Japan & China have looked pretty bleak in this tournament, Netherlands have some weaknesses at the back and Italy are doing much better than expected tbh. If Canada beats Sweden, they'll still have to go thru Germany in QF. The closest QF could be Norway vs England for de facto Olympic spot. Netherlands vs Italy could be really close too.