website statistics

Women's Football FIFA World Cup 2019

Mkbw50

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

well , women's football level is still very far away from men 

I've heard women also run slower in the 100m.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

well , women's football level is still very far away from men 

But if countries put time and effort into their teams, the level will improve. Plus, some of highly sexist attitudes of sports officials and enthusiasts must change.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

But if countries put time and effort into their teams, the level will improve. Plus, some of highly sexist attitudes of sports officials and enthusiasts must change.

You forgot about the most important thing there-- MONEY!!! :p

Men's football generates so much more money, Carli Lloyd can walk around downtown London with a "I'm a World Cup winner" neon T-shirt and nobody would recognize her. Football (soccer) is a global game. Other than Alex Morgan & Hope Solo I don't see any single player who can even remotely aspire for a global status and let's be honest, Morgan is still best known for her Sports Illustrated shoots than actually playing football. Who can name the club she actually represents? Because I sure as heck can't without uncle Google's help and I'm watching football for over 30 years.

57 minutes ago, bestmen said:

FIFA should give the  4 places to Africa not Asia 

Asia is very weak except JAP / CHN they win but without quality of game , African are much better 

Australia also represents Asia these days ;)  Moreover North Korea are a much better team than Thailand but they were eliminated in Asian Cup qualifiers on goal difference by South Korea (five team group) while Thailand only played two teams to make the Asian Cup finals (beat Taiwan 1-0 in the ultimate decider). And 5 from 8 teams from Asian Cup finals made it into the World Cup. So there was a great deal of luck for Thailand to get here and they were badly exposed straight away.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I've heard women also run slower in the 100m.

well , i'm an old follower of women's football , i like to follow major tournaments WC, Olympics and Euro , i'm feeling that the level is kept declining over years , honestly i didn't find any interesting match at Rio neither this WC , i feel women's football level was way better before . the problem is that they're not very far from level of men's football , but the problem is that what these players do can't be considered as football IMO , women are below men in all sports except technical ones like Gymnastics or diving maybe , but i don't feel that women play another sport than men do in other sports than football