web
analytics
Jump to content
mrv86

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, nenad said:

It is what it is. There are many incompetent and corrupt world sport federations but when you put the "size" of the and it's importance and global appeal in the context, FIBA HAS TO be the most incompetent and corrupt one. 

 

Countries with a great pool of players and depth will actualy be doing a good job, like Spain or Serbia. Other countries who will profit are those like Netherlands who don't have NBA and EL players, so it's no surprise they beat Croatia which doesn't have top players and which doesn't have great depth behind those players.

It’s kind of madening. The old format was fair, worked well and provided meaningful continental tournaments where teams could send their best players. This format is just... bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nate River said:

It’s kind of madening. The old format was fair, worked well and provided meaningful continental tournaments where teams could send their best players. This format is just... bleh.

 

well, it's a sure bet that if something works ok, fiba will try to screw it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2020 Olympic Host Japan probably won't qualify for the 2019 World Cup. as we know FIBA has to approve the host team's level to let them participate automatically.

 

Japan lost to TPE at home today, they are last in the group and their chance is really slim to advance even to the next round ! :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MHSN said:

The 2020 Olympic Host Japan probably won't qualify for the 2019 World Cup. as we know FIBA has to approve the host team's level to let them participate automatically.

 

Japan lost to TPE at home today, they are last in the group and their chance is really slim to advance even to the next round ! :facepalm:

Maybe they will receive a wild card? :p

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Maybe they will receive a wild card? :p

 

 

for the World Cup ? no wild card this time. all 32 teams (31 + host China) have to qualify themselves.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Croatia WTF :yikes: Chance for WC are now really small. Even with a win now, it will be too hard.

 

 

Edited by dareza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dareza said:

Croatia WTF :yikes: Chance for WC are now really small. Even with a win now, it will be too hard.

 

 

 

and probably the Olympics. this World Cup is the main qualifier for the Olympics and the Olympic qualifying tournaments.

 

Croatia still can gather a better team to beat Romania and Netherlands to at least make it to the second round.

 

78f35886-50d8-4850-bb9d-85a5f411b241?wid

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better to not going..we just get embarressed there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...