website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

feel sorry for Cameroon. they most probably won't qualify for the World Cup. that was not fair for them to play months before this group. now CIV knows exactly what they want to qualify and beating Mali by 13 or more won't be a huge problem for them .I watched CIV- Rwanda game tonight and CIV was really terrible despite the huge win. I wonder how the hell they beat Nigeria by such a huge margin. I don't know maybe Nigeria didn't play "that hard" intentionally :mumble:

22 teams are already qualified and I can say Dominican Republic is also 99.9 % qualified. 9 spots remaining. CIV most probably will grab the last African spot. they have to beat Mali by 13 or more.

in America, the direct game between Uruguay and Puerto Rico will determine the last team. the winner will qualify.

in Europe. we have 3 direct games between the candidates. Latvia have to beat Montenegro by 9 or more to qualify. now they have their Euroleague players for this game they have a good chance.

Finland also have to beat Russia in Russia by 3pts or more to qualify. very hard but not impossible

the last important game is between Serbia and Israel. Serbia will qualify if they win but if they lose they have to look for Georgia-Estonia game. both teams are eliminated but if Georgia wins at home (which is likely) we will have a 3 way tiebreak between GEO/ISR/SRB and Israel needs to win by something like 22 or more.

the situation is a bit more complicated in Asia, as we have 5 teams trying for the last 4 spots. we will have 5 important games tomorrow. 4 of those teams have their own fate in their hands but Philippines need either one of Japan, Lebanon or Jordan to lose. if Japan beat the weak Qatar team they will qualify themselves and Iran. it means at least on paper Iran and Japan are safer than the other 3 teams.

5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Jordan qualifies to WC even if they lose to NZ , i guess Philippines now needs only to defeat Kazakhstan to qualify 

Yep Lebanon is the one who didn't qualify at the end , 5 days ago that looked somehow impossible.

meanwhile I'm watching Jordan NZ games and they almost stopped playing when they heard of that news :p their 10pts lead is just 1 now. early celebration I guess :d

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yep Lebanon is the one who didn't qualify at the end , 5 days ago that looked somehow impossible.

meanwhile I'm watching Jordan NZ games and they almost stopped playing when they heard of that news :p their 10pts lead is just 1 now. early celebration I guess :d

Lebanon was the biggest choker here :facepalm:

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

Lebanon was the biggest choker here :facepalm:

Yeah and they lost to two already qualified teams. South Korea wasn't even in full force here. they even struggled against Syria earlier this week.

I'm happy for the Philippines, they love basketball more than any other sports. I think at some point today they had no hope when Lebanon was leading by +10 over Korea.

Jordan really deserved the qualification, they played better than expectations in the last window.

10 minutes ago, dareza said:

And most important for some countries, no Israel at WC ;)

:d I was confident about Serbia. but you did the right thing not caring about the Georgia game. they actually lost to Estonia :yikes: what a weekend for Estonian basketball.