website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

5 hours ago, nenad said:

Not so surprising to be honest. Without two best players and a coach who led them to the Eurobasket title, they are just an average european team. 

Bigger surprise is Croatia losing 2 matches with 4 nba players in a lineup to weakend Lithuania team and then to Poland. They still could qualify but they will be without best players in next two windows, so really a tough task for them. 

slovenia played without dončič,dragič (both goran and zoran),blažič,klemen prepelič, randolph and vidmar played only last two games. without so many players we are very average,like you said,cause we have small pool of players to take from.

some new youngsters  played very good these few games and we must use this qualifications for them.

croatia really disapointed me.with bogdanovič,šarič,zubac and some other big names they are not playing team basketball,but only individual

• 2 months later...

The 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup qualifiers continue this week.

Uruguay will play at home versus Puerto Rico and United States at the brand new Antel Arena, which costs us US$ 80 million and whose operation was bought (not sold) to AEG .

Netherlands - Poland about to start, @rybak @Monzanator and compatriots....let's go.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some discussion about the American guy playing for Poland who has basically 0 relation whatsoever with Poland (didn't play there or anything), with the analysis guy on Dutch TV saying 'yeah I don't know, maybe he has a grandma or a dog or something who is born in Poland' :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

46 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Some discussion about the American guy playing for Poland who has basically 0 relation whatsoever with Poland (didn't play there or anything), with the analysis guy on Dutch TV saying 'yeah I don't know, maybe he has a grandma or a dog or something who is born in Poland' :p 

this is quite normal in basketball. specially in Asia. I remember once Lebanon naturalized a player (former NBA player Jackson Vroman who passed away not long ago) before Vroman even enter Lebanon once in his life !

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not unusual in basketball. It was even a running joke a few years back, that every nation had to have an american in their team.

Just now, Federer91 said:

Not unusual in basketball. It was even a running joke a few years back, that every nation had to have an american in their team.

I thought usually they at least had some sort of connection though. You know, played in the national league a couple of years or maybe have a grocery store owner who's neighbour's granddad had a friend who's mom's niece once spent a wild weekend in the country, but nothing :lol: