website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

9 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Man, tell me about that. 4 tournaments, each with 6 teams and only winner of each tournament makes it? That is gonna be god damn tough. But in my opinion, based on the WCH 2019 result, Czechs might be in Seed Basket 1 altogether with the strongest teams. So if they go to the tournament from Basket 1, should be potentionally strongest to qualify. But honestly, if they gonna play again against Serbia or Turkey? Well, you never know. But I trust them. Hopefully Jan Veselý will be back on stage :-) 

well, if you get Serbia, then it´s game over. we "team sports" mortals can beat them only in hockey :d I have no real clue about Turkey, but I guess they are stronger in team sports as well

Literally 1 week ago they were heroes, but after losing against :CZE and :USA our boys already get hated on by some people, that`s just sad :( I still think they achieved something great, especially considering how big this sport is. I hope they won`t care about the haters and keep being awesome :d

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

18 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

Man, tell me about that. 4 tournaments, each with 6 teams and only winner of each tournament makes it? That is gonna be god damn tough. But in my opinion, based on the WCH 2019 result, Czechs might be in Seed Basket 1 altogether with the strongest teams. So if they go to the tournament from Basket 1, should be potentionally strongest to qualify. But honestly, if they gonna play again against Serbia or Turkey? Well, you never know. But I trust them. Hopefully Jan Veselý will be back on stage :-) 

I think the seeding will be according to FIBA rankings, so not only FIBA WC will be important. I can't see Czechs getting into that first pot. But it was a great result for you at the WC. And without Vesely in the lineup. Huge. 

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Spain is much more focused in defense. I don't see a way to come back in the 2nd half :dunno:

It's only getting worse in the 2nd half :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :champion::champion:

I think nobody here in Spain expected this a few weeks ago, but it is incredible to win this title 13 years after the first time. The only thing I am sad is not having Pau Gasol in the roster, because he deserved this more than anyone else. :bounce:

1 minute ago, Cobi said:

WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! :champion::champion:

I think nobody here in Spain expected this a few weeks ago, but it is incredible to win this title 13 years after the first time. The only thing I am sad is not having Pau Gasol in the roster, because he deserved this more than anyone else. :bounce:

I am sure Spanish players played for Pau also. Incredible performance for Spain without Abrines, Mirotic and S. Rodriguez! It seems this team has fantastic chemistry and this also should attributed to coach Scariolo as well. 

Congratulations to Argentina also who continue to play in high level for years after gold generation players almost all except Scola retired. I am sure that campazzo, Laprovitolla, vildoza and deck will go on to carry the team at world elite in following years

Gasol was simply unplayable today, Scola and Delia couldn't defend him nor get around him in defense unlike what happened with Jokic or Gobert in the previous games. 

Also our team's 3pt% was completely absent today and when that happens  Argentina can't compete with the big size teams.

All in all a great tournament. Probably this bad final will make the average sport fan and the media here forget about the team by tomorrow but they did something completely unexpected.