website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

We could argue about who's here or not but in a few years time when we opened the history of the competition,it's not written next to gold medallists that Team A won because Team B didn't bring their top players.The prestige that comes along is intact.

Anyway..next it's to tame Scola..he's still got it after those years.All the way now there's no hiding no excuses.Once in a lifetime opportunity.

I wonder if USA even with a 5th place finish will locked first seeding for Tokyo..could Spain or France be number one with winning the title and so on..

3 hours ago, George_D said:

Now USA players are probably angry and next year will demolish all teams in their road

it's not the players that are angry...it's Adam Silver and Nike, which is a lot worse than having just the players in a bad mood...

we can fairly say that the Olympic stage is billion times bigger than the world cup...therefore there's no way we're gonna see a C or D team next year...

we'll see the Leflops (ops...I mean Lebron), Kahwi, Steph & co...and obviously they're going to destroy the rest of the world...it happened after any of their losses (apart from the back to back disgrace in 2002 and 2004, when their disinterest for anything outside their backyard was at the top since the cold war times)...

2 hours ago, justony said:

By the way, this is first ever WCH in history with both USA and Yugoslavia (or their ancestries) failed to qualify for semifinal.

To be even more interesting, there is also none of former Soviet Union country involved. 

and 2nd in history of USA with NBA players that will not take even a medal

13 hours ago, Dunadan said:

you can eat all the fries you want, I'll never support a team who advanced thanks to a robbery (not a dubious call, a plain robbery). 

PS: I warn you that I'll also hate France men's volleyball team until they get rid of Ngapeth, a criminal who should rot in jail, it makes me puke to see him free to play.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earvin_N'Gapeth

Well that sounds like a real Mekhissi-Benabbad 2.0 right there, thanks for the info :p 

About basketball: which robbery? I only watched the highlights plus don't know a lot about basketball, so I'm curious.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well that sounds like a real Mekhissi-Benabbad 2.0 right there, thanks for the info :p 

Way worse imo...apart from the usual stuff on the court (including threatening commentators, spouting racist shit, telling fans to suck his genitals and then complaining that they boo him in reaction- even his own team's fan) he's famous for his driving incidents while playing for Modena in Italy: first he was caught with a fake driving license, then he run over three people (probably while intoxicated), didn't stop and disappeared for days. When he reappeared instead of apologizing he attacked the media that criciticized him, because "he had done nothing wrong". One of the victims almost died and had permanent injuries but who cares. Ngapeth was sentenced to 1 year and something in jail (suspended) plus fines, but then was caught again driving like a madman with alcohool levels 6 times over the limit. When another trial was looming, his performance misteriously dropped during the playoff, the team was eliminated early and he immediately flew to Russia and signed a contract there.

The robbery I mean was in the last minute against Lithuania, they should have been tied with 30 seconds to go. Refs of the game have been suspended.

Edited by Dunadan

Thanks, now I have someone to cheer against at EuroVolley :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!