website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Wow, i never thought that Argentina could even get close, but i guess that the match against Spain broke Serbia. Now i would consider Serbia the biggest disappointment at this tournament, ahead of Greece, Germany and Turkey. I can't help but feel as if all the talk about how great this team is and how they could beat the US got to their heads. In my opinion something similar (at a lower level) happened to the german team here. When everyone tells you how great you are, then maybe some day you start believing it and this might lead to you not giving your best effort in some situations. This serbian losso pens up a huge chance for France and especially the Czech Republic. If the US beats France, then the Czech Republic is only 1 victory away from qualifying for the olympics!

I also see some similarities between this and the 2016 european championships/the 2018 world cup in football. I think after such a long NBA/Champions League season most of the top players are very tired, so a lot of the matches are much closer than they should be and we get surprising teams (Portugal/Wales at the 2016 european championships in football, England/Croatia at the 2018 football world cup and now Czech Republic/Argentina here) going very deep.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

45 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Spain and Argentina in semifinals! :clap:

We haven't played a single brilliant game this tournament, but again it has been enough to beat Poland. Let's see if tomorrow we can certify the olympic spot!

Nice to see also hernangomez brothers to take more active role

Well, our boys played like there was no tommorow, but in the end :ESP was much stronger and deservedly won. This tournament is not over yet, we will fight for 5th to 8 th place and I hope we can get something more. Anyway, this was an amazing tournament, hardly anyone expected anything from this team, but they proved their worth. They have every reasonm to be proud.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

hace 1 hora, George_D dijo:

Nice to see also hernangomez brothers to take more active role

Yes, I didn't expect so much of Juancho, but today he has played really well, being the best of the team with Ricky and Rudy. I hope he can keep this level for the next 2 matches.

Does anyone happen to know where I can find good highlights per game without spoilers in the title? FIBA has some videos but they're like two minutes per game, that's just way too short..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Does anyone happen to know where I can find good highlights per game without spoilers in the title? FIBA has some videos but they're like two minutes per game, that's just way too short..

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoh_z6QB0AGB1oxWufvbDUg/videos

Just now, crovitlaci said:

:yikes: That's the one I always use to watch NBA highlights, I had no idea to even look there for World Cup as well! Thank you :bowdown: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!