website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Just now, ofan said:

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. They own the Toronto Raptors and have done lots of work with Canada Basketball. They're a bunch of cheap fuckheads though, so I doubt they do anything. 

They also own Toronto teams in ice hockey, soccer, Canadian football and e-soccer

Edited by JoshMartini007

Just now, ofan said:

Who has qualified for the OQT. None of this is official, I am just basing it off current rankings, and so things could change. 

OQT: 

3 of Serbia/Spain/France/Poland/Czech Republic

Lithuania

Italy

Greece

Russia

Brazil

Venezuela

Puerto Rico

Dominican Republic

Germany

New Zealand

Tunisia

Canada

Turkey

Wild Cards:

Slovenia (Europe)

Croatia (Europe)

China (Asia)

Philippines (Asia)

Senegal (Africa)

Angola (Africa)

Mexico (Americas)

Uruguay (Americas)

Latvia also would deserve a wildcard. Remember their starting-5 in eurobasket 2017. Very good team

Predicting 1/4 finals isnt easy but i will try.

1. Serbia has all in their hands,but now this could be even distaster. Before yesterday i would say that Argentina is clear outsider but now... things has changed. Serbia is in bad mood, Spain showed their weakness, there was tragic event in Micic familly,Serbia wont have any training session before the game. Considering all that, there is 50-50% chance. I wouldnt be surprised to see Serbia lose.

2. USA - France. USA improves match by match. Their level is ascending. France is also good but i am not so sure that they can beat USA, not in this round. I thought that USA has weakest team in years but even with this team they can win a gold. Conclusion is that no matter what names are in USA team,as long as they play in NBA and have good coach,they are still better than rest of the world.

3. Spain - Poland. Even though Poland is great, their road should end here. Spain will rise after great victory over Serbia.

4. Australia - Czech Republic. Australia is clear favorite but they shouldnt underestimate Czech team.

So, my picks for 1/2 final are Argentina - USA, Spain - Australia.

Just now, ChandlerMne said:

Predicting 1/4 finals isnt easy but i will try.

1. Serbia has all in their hands,but now this could be even distaster. Before yesterday i would say that Argentina is clear outsider but now... things has changed. Serbia is in bad mood, Spain showed their weakness, there was tragic event in Micic familly,Serbia wont have any training session before the game. Considering all that, there is 50-50% chance. I wouldnt be surprised to see Serbia lose.

2. USA - France. USA improves match by match. Their level is ascending. France is also good but i am not so sure that they can beat USA, not in this round. I thought that USA has weakest team in years but even with this team they can win a gold. Conclusion is that no matter what names are in USA team,as long as they play in NBA and have good coach,they are still better than rest of the world.

3. Spain - Poland. Even though Poland is great, their road should end here. Spain will rise after great victory over Serbia.

4. Australia - Czech Republic. Australia is clear favorite but they shouldnt underestimate Czech team.

So, my picks for 1/2 final are Argentina - USA, Spain - Australia.

that also means Serbia, Spain qualification for Olympics

Just now, ofan said:

Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. They own the Toronto Raptors and have done lots of work with Canada Basketball. They're a bunch of cheap fuckheads though, so I doubt they do anything. 

they should. They have the arena for this. Scotiabank Arena. And also big chance to promote canadian basketball in international level, which is overshadowed by american

Just now, George_D said:

that also means Serbia, Spain qualification for Olympics

Not 100%. Serbian mentallity is interesting. When all goes smoothly, Serbia wins. But with first problems Serbia just collapses. As we saw yesterday.

So, France would be tough opponent even in the best case scenario. But Poland and Czech Republic will be highly motivated to do something magic. With another loss, i am not so sure that Serbia would be clear favorite vs Poland or CR.