website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Do we already know how the draw for the world qualifier next year will work?

If the following nations all compete with their best players, then those 4 tournaments could be extremely good:

Serbia/Spain/France, Greece, Lithuania, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Turkey, Germany, Brazil, Canada, Dominican Republic

Before the start of the tournament i considered Greece and Lithuania as the 4th/5th best european teams behind France, Spain and Serbia, but they were pretty disappointing here, so right now i would only consider Serbia/Spain/France clear favorites to qualify for Tokyo. If all nations play with their best players, then my guess would be that Serbia/Spain/France, Greece, Lithuania and Canada will qualify, but if Canada will miss their NBA players again, the question of who gets the 4th spot will be completely open and will mainly depend on the draw. I guess all teams will hope not to be drawn into the group with Serbia/Spain/France.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Justo ahora, ratelesjo dijo:

If both SRB and FRA lose their quarters, to who the quota goes? Is there more ranking matches to be done?

Yes, 5-8th semis. And they would be playing each other in that case. On the other side it will likely be Poland-Czech R.

Amazing job by the Czech Republic! I don't think anyone would have bet anything on them making it out of the 2nd group stage ahead of Brazil and especially Greece and all of that even without Vesely. I guess that the main reason for them making it out of the 2nd group stage was Giannis clearly underperforming, but if you look at their individual quality, then Greece still should have beaten them comfortably. I never considered Greece as strong as many others, but i still thought that Giannis would lead them out of the 2nd group stage and that they then would have a 50/50 match against France/Australia. Looking at the greek roster, i don't see nearly as much individual quality as on the spain/french/serbian roster and i think it might also have something to do with greek teams performing worse and worse every year in the Euroleague.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, Benolympique said:

Can we tell you the groups of these tqs without Serbia and Spain who will qualify for Tokyo? Thank you

Its difficult to predict anything this early but i guess that draw will depend on FIBA ranking and who will host those tournaments. It also depends on rosters.

With ideal circumstances those 4 teams shoud be - Lithuania, Greece, France (or Serbia) and Canada. But basketball is hard to predict. Who would say that Poland and Czech Republic will be in 1/4 final and Lithuania and Greece wont?

Who has qualified for the OQT. None of this is official, I am just basing it off current rankings, and so things could change. 

OQT: 

3 of Serbia/Spain/France/Poland/Czech Republic

Lithuania

Italy

Greece

Russia

Brazil

Venezuela

Puerto Rico

Dominican Republic

Germany

New Zealand