website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Well, :CHN China will probably end up being the biggest victim of this nonsense qualification system. I'm happy that this nonsense backfired on FIBA.

Edit: to clarify, I am not happy that China got robbed because I have anything against the Chinese team. I am happy China got robbed because this is clearly a worst case scenario for FIBA, and they deserve it after designing such a stupid and unfair qualification system.

Edited by NearPup

7 hours ago, dareza said:

Yeah and we played without Marjanović (still mistery why he played just 2min today) and Jokić of course. So Raduljica was main center today.

it's not a mistery. he can't guard anyone, he would probably have tough time defending you and me. 

djorđević's mistake is puting jokić at 4 bjelica at 3. you play jokić 35mins, bjelica 30mins and case closed. 

7 hours ago, mihamiha said:

Raduljica is joke of a  player.havent seen center who was given so many blocks

Raduljica is not playing serious basketball for like 4 years now at least. Coach loves him because he's good for the team, but I love the team too and still I don't play in China now. 

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Well, :CHN China will probably end up being the biggest victim of this nonsense qualification system. I'm happy that this nonsense backfired on FIBA.

Edit: to clarify, I am not happy that China got robbed because I have anything against the Chinese team. I am happy China got robbed because this is clearly a worst case scenario for FIBA, and they deserve it after designing such a stupid and unfair qualification system.

well I don't consider them "victim" I think this format is designed to help China. everything was in their favor. they just didn't use it and gifted it to Iran. it's kind of funny we qualified to the Olympics only by beating Philippines and Angola !

btw you guys probably can't imagine how huge is basketball in China (they won several medals in other sports but basketball is something different for them) before 2004 it was always very easy for them to qualify. but after losing the Asian Champs final in 2009 (and after Yao's retirement) they found out they don't dominate the Asian basketball anymore. since then they always hosted the Olympics qualifiers . 2012, 2016 and 2020. they did everything in their power (and i mean everything) to qualify in men's basketball. I have absolutely nothing against the Chinese sport in general but I'm glad their men's basketball failed to qualify and not only because it's Iran in their place, I would say the same if it was any other Asian team.

The biggest victim was lithuania and canada that were in the most difficult pool. Poland was favored from this system. Look where they were in 2017 eurobasket and now will be at least the 5th best europe team. How they managed to improve so many places in 2 years?

8 hours ago, Cobi said:

Wow! This team is not as good as it was 10 years ago but today they have played a really good game and we are a step closer of qualifying for Tokyo (hopefully it will be enough with reaching the semifinals).

Nevertheless, I still think that Serbia is the main favorite for the gold medal, even with a more difficult road to the final. Now we have to focus on Poland, because it will be a very tough match. ¡Vamos España!

PS. Argentina-Serbia will be a very interesting match to see, I hope Argentina can upset the serbians! Apart of Spain, I always root for them in basketball and I will be very happy to see both teams in SFs.

why Abrines and Mirotic arent in team?

5 hours ago, NearPup said:

Yeah the FIVB and FIBA really, really need some help writing good qualification documents. I’m fine with the best few from the World Cup qualifying, but it shouldn’t serve as the regional qualifiers.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

hace 7 horas, George_D dijo:

why Abrines and Mirotic arent in team?

Abrines left NBA in January due to a a depression and he decided to stop playing basketball this year until July, when he signed with FC Barcelona, so he was not available.

Mirotic was called but he refused to come because he wanted a break after a long NBA season. Serge Ibaka (Raptors) and Chacho Rodríguez (Olimpia Milano) also declined being part of the team this year.

1 hour ago, Cobi said:

Abrines left NBA in January due to a a depression and he decided to stop playing basketball this year until July, when he signed with FC Barcelona, so he was not available.

Mirotic was called but he refused to come because he wanted a break after a long NBA season. Serge Ibaka (Raptors) and Chacho Rodríguez (Olimpia Milano) also declined being part of the team this year.

So Abrines next year will be