website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

I hope Russia will be at the Olympics

I think that is very unlikely. I would say Serbia and Spain qualify here and then at the world qualifier 4 additional european teams (in my opinion 4 out of France, Greece, Lithuania, Germany, Croatia, Turkey, Italy and Latvia) will hopefully qualify. I think the world cup is the best chance for Italy to qualify for the olympics, they "only" have to beat Spain and then they have to win the 3rd place match or hope that Australia and the US make it to the semifinal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

à l’instant, OlympicsFan a dit :

I think that is very unlikely. I would say Serbia and Spain qualify here and then at the world qualifier 4 additional european teams (in my opinion 4 out of France, Greece, Lithuania, Germany, Croatia, Turkey, Italy and Latvia) will hopefully qualify. I think the world cup is the best chance for Italy to qualify for the olympics, they "only" have to beat Spain and then they have to win the 3rd place match or hope that Australia and the US make it to the semifinal.

I hope it will be France who qualifies at this World Cup

12 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Dont forget Slovenia. They are good team, when Doncic,Dragic and Randolf play, they are even great. 

Ok, summing up the fight for african and asian quotas....

Africa

Tunisia can qualify if a) they beat Angola and Nigeria loses to China OR b) in the case they both win or both lose, if they can have a better result than Nigeria to cut the big point difference between them  (NGR +41, TUN -11). 

If neither thing happens, Nigeria will qualify.

Asia 

Iran can qualify only if they beat Philippines and China loses to Nigeria AND they cut the PD with China (CHN +3, IRI -13 currently). For example, if China loses by 1, Iran has to win by 15.

If one of the two doesn't happen, China will qualify.