website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Just now, LDOG said:

Ok, now I'm having a bad day. I mean I guessed all the winners (thats a bit easy) but my point differences are way off in most. In particular Senegal, I just predicted 10pt loss :lol: now that I think I have no idea why I did.

@Vektor got additional point for point difference, everyone else got points for the correct winner only in SEN-LTU match :d 

21 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

@Vektor got additional point for point difference, everyone else got points for the correct winner only in SEN-LTU match :d 

That's funny considering that I had no idea what to expect from these teams (which is why I was last after D1) :d

Absolutely horrible match by Germany, 4 points in the first quarter and only 20 points in the first half!

I am not sure what it tells us about the french team that Germany still could have won this match ... ?

The main reason for the loss were Gobert's amazing defense and the horrible german 2 pt shooting (15/47 = 31.9 % from 2 pt range).

I am a bit surprised that Voigtmann (25 points and an efficiency of 28) was so much better than the 2 NBA players Kleber (6 points and an efficiency of 4) and Theis (7 points and an efficiency of 7), maybe he should start over them in the next matches.

I also can't help but wonder whether it was the right decision to leave Bonga (who is a good defender and probably could have done a better job against Fournier (who scored 26 points today) in this match) and Pleiß/Hartenstein (who are physically better than all other german centers and probably could have had more defensive impact today) at home.

After the first, way too early, impressions i would say that Lithuania should definitely make it out of the 2nd group stage and Australia and France should battle for that 2nd spot. Spain and Serbia are a lock for the semifinal, USA should also make it and i think Lithuania and Greece will fight for the 4th spot.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Justo ahora, OlympicsFan dijo:

After the first, way too early, impressions i would say that Lithuania should definitely make it out of the 2nd group stage and Australia and France should battle for that 2nd spot. Spain and Serbia are a lock for the semifinal, USA should also make it and i think Lithuania and Greece will fight for the 4th spot.

Serbia yes, Spain I'm not so sure. They lost a friendly to Russia (possible QF opponent) by 20 points last week, also our team was really close to them in the same preparation. 

Also, I don't really know about this USA... I can easily see Australia, Lithuania or France beating them in a bad day.

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

Serbia yes, Spain I'm not so sure. They lost a friendly to Russia (possible QF opponent) by 20 points last week, also our team was really close to them in the same preparation. 

Also, I don't really know about this USA... I can easily see Australia, Lithuania or France beating them in a bad day.

Not sure about France. I always have the feeling that the french team is less than the sum of its parts, while it is the complete opposite with Serbia or Lithuania for example. I think preparation games dont mean much, results were all over the place. Germany lost against Japan and then a couple days later Germany easily won against Australia, while Australia won against the US. I still see the US as a safe finalist and i would be surprised if they would lose against a team other than Serbia, but maybe i am biased considering that they have Donovan Mitchell on their team who is one of my top 3 favorite players currently ...

I think the weakness on the guard positions will kill every team except for maybe France in a match against the US. The american guards are just far superior athletically to the lithuanian or australian guards for example.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.