Naz Mitrou-Long

Jamal Murray

Andrew Nembhard

Kevin Pangos

Phil Scrubb

Andy Rautins

Nik Stauskas

Edited by ofan

Noticeably no Andrew Wiggins, the highest paid Canadian in the NBA. Not like we need him anyways, he's highly overrated.

Nonetheless, with the preliminary roster in place, it is very clear Canada will be a heavy medal favourite in this World Cup

On 16/07/2019 at 19:36, LDOG said:

Think they should worry about getting out of the group first...

Tag me next time you're trying to make a chirp :d 

Edited by ofan

On 17/07/2019 at 02:04, ofan said:

Noticeably no Andrew Wiggins, the highest paid Canadian in the NBA. Not like we need him anyways, he's highly overrated.

Nonetheless, with the preliminary roster in place, it is very clear Canada will be a heavy medal favourite in this World Cup

is there any possibility that he changes decision? Canada's roster is complete with him and big favorite for the final against USA

Also in 2015 Wiggins didnt play in semifinal match against Venezuela in FIBA Americas Championship because of a conflict with coach i think. Canada lost even if they had done big tournament performance and they had won venezulea by 20 points difference in first round matches and they also lost the chance for direct qualification to Olympics

3 hours ago, George_D said:

is there any possibility that he changes decision? Canada's roster is complete with him and big favorite for the final against USA

Also in 2015 Wiggins didnt play in semifinal match against Venezuela in FIBA Americas Championship because of a conflict with coach i think. Canada lost even if they had done big tournament performance and they had won venezulea by 20 points difference in first round matches and they also lost the chance for direct qualification to Olympics

I doubt it. He's cited personal reasons and it not being "his time" to compete on the international stage. Probably for the best, as he should focus this summer on bettering himself for the next NBA season. Does that mean we won't seem in a potential Olympics appearance next year? Not sure. It will all depend on if his game improves.

While it's disappointing that we won't have him, since we are kind of weak at the swing position, I'm confident RJ Barrett can fill the gap. Every other position we're as deep as any other team outside of the US. The truth is, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think his absence will mean too much. 

2 hours ago, ofan said:

I doubt it. He's cited personal reasons and it not being "his time" to compete on the international stage. Probably for the best, as he should focus this summer on bettering himself for the next NBA season. Does that mean we won't seem in a potential Olympics appearance next year? Not sure. It will all depend on if his game improves.

While it's disappointing that we won't have him, since we are kind of weak at the swing position, I'm confident RJ Barrett can fill the gap. Every other position we're as deep as any other team outside of the US. The truth is, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think his absence will mean too much. 

and Dillon Brooks also on 3