website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

19 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

To be fair, every team in group A is very happy right now ;) 

:d I know but they are "happier" for Poland and Venezuela it's just about having more chance for going to the 2nd round but for China it's also about the Olympic qualification.

by looking at other Asian teams groups. I can say there is no chance for Jordan and Korea. in Group D Philippines  sometimes get hot and shoot the ball like crazy but I think Serbia and Italy are too much for them. I think Iran is the only Asian team with the realistic chance of advancing and even that is a very slim chance. so China only have to go to the 2nd round to qualify for the Olympics.

let's make some predictions :_ 

A: China and Poland 

B: Argentina and Russia 

C: Spain and Puerto Rico 

D: Serbia and Italy 

E: USA and Turkey 

F: Greece and NZ 

G: France and Germany 

H: Lithuania and Canada 

very very tough groups for Australia and NZ , F and H are simply the toughest overall 

hace 21 minutos, thepharoah dijo:

The same but Brazil x NZL. And I'm very sure Australia won't be the drop out from H, it will be LTU or CAN for me. 

Also to watch out: Nigeria in group B and Dominican Republic if they bring Horford and Anthony Towns.  

It's impossible to project anything until we know what kind of rosters will be available in China. One player can make all the difference, Gianis for example moves Greece from solid team to a great one, and especially in group H there are ton of questionmarks on CAN and AUS teams, they have really big amplitude of uncertainty in terms of players who could play and those who will play for sure. So, I would currently put AUS and LTU ahead of CAN, cause we don't know the teams and to be honest CAN was nowhere in the last decade, so it's just a potentialy good team for now.

47 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

very very tough groups for Australia and NZ , F and H are simply the toughest overall 

I really don't think NZ can beat both Brazil and Montenegro. they have a chance but they won't be the favorite here. but if NZ makes it and Australia doesn't , that means NZ will qualify for the Olympics ! :yikes: this is a funny because a B team from Australia can still beat NZ.

I also don't think Australia is the one being eliminated in the first round. but then Lithuania and Canada are also very strong. those 3 teams are medal favorites.

it's a pity yes that we're going to miss one team of Australia , Canada and Lithuania , but for sorry this's the draw , i think we should also wait for final rosters of each team , many things can change based on how many NBA players each country could bring 

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

If both Australia and Canada compete with their best possible teams, then they should be favorites ahead of Lithuania. Canada (Barrett, Murry, Wiggins) and Australia (Simmons, Baynes, Ingles) have both more individual quality. I think Brazil also has more individual quality than New Zealand, but their team has gotten old, lets see if all of their best players will compete. I think group F is the most interesting overall. Montenegro, Brazil and New Zealand all could finish second in that group. In group G Germany and France are favorites, but you cant underestimate Puerto Rico, they have 2 great NBA players in Towns and Horford.

I think semifinals will be:

Spain or Italy vs. USA

Serbia vs. Greece/Lithuania/France/Canada/Australia/Germany/Turkey

Should be a crazy fight between Greece/Lithuania/France/Canada/Australia/Germany/Turkey to avoid USA in the quarterfinal.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.