website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

hace 1 minuto, MHSN dijo:

:d for the same reason I wish the worst for China. but looks like they made  the whole this system to have a "good group"

they key is you won't play those teams in 2nd round as well for sure. so between ARG/BRA/CAN they only can play each other from the quarterfinal. which means most probably the 2nd Americas Olympic spot won't be decided by direct games between these teams. I don't expect all 3 of them going to the QF. probably just one or max two.

Which sucks. I much rather fancy our chances in a head to head with both than grinding European teams one after the other.

China couldn't ask for anything more ! based on the World Ranking. the got the worst team in Pot 4, worst possible team from Pot 5 (they couldn't get Iran) and worst team from Pot 8. I don't know which one is better Poland or Czech Rep. but I have no doubt China is VERY happy getting CIV and Venezuela. I think it's fair to say China will grab that Asian Olympic spot. :(

as for Iran. while I'm glad we avoided Turkey and USA. but still we got a very tough group. I think both Puerto Rico and Tunisia will be favorite against us but both games are not completely impossible. but of course first we have to solve our own problems to bring our best players to the competition.

and we got that group of death with Australia, Canada and Lithuania. even Senegal is not that weaker than Nigeria.

It's a good draw for us. We should be first in the first group and to fight with Spain for top spot in second group which would mean that we couldn't play vs USA before final. Also, easier qf opponent coming from A or B. Game vs Spain not to underestimate others like Italy should open semifinal for us.