website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

vor 14 Minuten schrieb intoronto:

If they use the World Rankings, Canada will most likely be in the group of death 

Similar situation for Germany. Canada and Germany are probably the most underestimated teams by the World Ranking, at least in the Top30. But there is still a chance, if Montenegro and Uruguay qualify, that the better ranked team of Canada and Germany (probably Canada) will end up in the 2nd pot, if they use the World Ranking

hace 1 hora, intoronto said:

If they use the World Rankings, Canada will most likely be in the group of death 

I mean, if you land in a group with Argentina and Brazil that would be the best thing that could happen to Canada, with the olympics in perspective.

I know it will probably be not possible due to rules or sth though. 

btw cote d'Ivoire became the last African country to secure a spot in the WC , they won their last 3 games with a +73 points margin to overcome Cameroon who was almost assured of a spot in the WC , well that result really put a huge question mark on whether there was a manipulation with results in the last window of African qualifications and it's still not fair to end group E matches in December and make group F matches on February , i don't think Cote d'Ivoire is any aspect deserved this spot at WC 

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Montenegro qualified.

Latvia was very close. One of their players scored a silly double  when they only needed 3 near the end. There was no hurry either as they had plenty possession time left.

maybe Needham missing a FT few seconds earlier temped him to try this way. even though in a do-or-die situation like that poor guy had less than a second to decide to score the easy 2 or go behind the arc and try the 3. but yeah with 8 seconds to go they should try the "other option"

but that was a very interesting game, Latvia was the better team but congrats to Montenegro. always nice to watch this kind of game in packed stadium. that's why I like this home and away format.

so now Puerto Rico vs Uruguay is the last important game in these qualifiers. let's see if Magnano can pull of a miracle or something like that. Uruguay was really poor against depleted Mexico but who knows maybe they saved something for this do or die game.