website statistics

Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games 2017

Griff88

Despite winning the gold, I'm a bit surprised with the poor performance of Iran team sprint , without China, Korea, Japan and even Malaysia, they should dominate the competition , still they beat Kazakhstan narrowly.

poor day in athletics, our Asian Champion in shot put finished 9th with more than 2.5 metres below his own record of few weeks ago ! :wacko:

two more golds in Taekwondo, no surprise, we always can count on this sport  except when it counts, the Olympics :d

6 hours ago, dcro said:

:TKM Jumabayeva lifted 189kg in women's -48kg. That would have given her a medal in Rio!

But this is weightlifting, so you never know...

Apparently she is not quite as motivated at the Asian championships. :lol:

2016 - 163kg

2017 - 165kg

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Apparently she is not quite as motivated at the Asian championships. :lol:

2016 - 163kg

2017 - 165kg

The British commentators were particularly surprised at the 20+kg PB, Turkmenistan seems like a North Korea without the natural talent and helped by a mixture of national sports in the program and drugs!!

Edited by uk12points

29 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

It's sad to see our Youth Olympic bronze medalist weightlifter struggling in senior level...

Oh well, in almost all sports YOG is pretty meaningless when it comes to the reference for the future. You might as well win the gold knowing yourself that there are number of others in your age category better than you (but they didn't get to compete thanks to weird qualification system and whatnot...).

#banbestmen

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Oh well, in almost all sports YOG is pretty meaningless when it comes to the reference for the future. You might as well win the gold knowing yourself that there are number of others in your age category better than you (but they didn't get to compete thanks to weird qualification system and whatnot...).

I am aware of that

Just her total lift didn't really improve at all..

3 gold medals and a bunch of silver and bronze :) happy for the last gold, Taftian broke the national record to win the 60m. the other two golds were from Taekwondo, so far our men's team is undefeated, 4 golds out of 4 athletes. :yes

and Iran got robbed a gold medal in belt wrestling against Turkmenistan, I'm glad they didn't disqualify the poor Iranian girl, she was protesting too much .

21 hours ago, MHSN said:

3 gold medals and a bunch of silver and bronze :) happy for the last gold, Taftian broke the national record to win the 60m. the other two golds were from Taekwondo, so far our men's team is undefeated, 4 golds out of 4 athletes. :yes

and Iran got robbed a gold medal in belt wrestling against Turkmenistan, I'm glad they didn't disqualify the poor Iranian girl, she was protesting too much .

Ah yeah I saw that belt wrestling match...

Well the Turkmens need more gold medals for propaganda :d

Edited by Griff88