website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

9 minuti fa, Jur ha scritto:

The problem is, what you take out to put those two in?

I love Roller racing and Squash is kind of entertaining, but I rather had climbing continue in the games...

out all those "artistic" activities like Rhythmic Gymnastics, Trampoline, Artistic Swimming, Surfing, Freestyle BMX and Skateboarding (this one in particular, since the IOC cheated big time with world skate, giving them illusion of putting Inline Speedskating at the Summer Games meanwhile when it came down to the final vote, Skateboarding suddenly became an Olympic discipline...and no, Leticia Buffoni herself is not enough to justify that sh*t :p)...

and you get enough quota for inline speedskating (which of course need some renovation and standardization in its program of races and in its "theatre", which I'd suggest it should be the same venues of the Ice Speedskating...a 400m flat -no matter if indoor or outdoor- track without the ice surface, of course)...

p.s. and of course you could also kick out Boxing and Weightlifting (if you need 2 full sports and not only parts of them)...

Edited by phelps

Out: everything that is not running, throwing a discus, racing with chariots or wrestling.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, Jur said:

The problem is, what you take out to put those two in?

I love Roller racing and Squash is kind of entertaining, but I rather had climbing continue in the games...

Personally, I wouldn't want to take out anything because I'm an "expansionist" but there are a couple of things I wouldn't mind getting axed. I actually haven't finished my own Olympic programme yet. ;)

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

5 minutes ago, Quasit said:

You would like to add the Hoplitodromos as well? :d

Absolutely!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

Personally, I wouldn't want to take out anything because I'm an "expansionist" but there are a couple of things I wouldn't mind getting axed. I actually haven't finished my own Olympic programme yet. ;)

I consider myself an expansionist too, but I was speaking realistictly. Cause I really want Roller Sports (Like, 3 events per sex; sprint, elimination and points and I would be happy), but I don't see any chances of it getting into the games.

Lowkey I want boxing to me axed from olympics so more quotas would be available for other sports :lol:

Also, I should re do (again) my dream Olympic Programme one of these days..

• 1 month later...