web
analytics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

  • Remove the advertisements
  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

De_Gambassi

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Sports Programme

Recommended Posts

Just now, ahjfcshfghb said:

Well a World Championship has been done. But yeah it would look quite different. I think as long as the well-known big names and professionals participate, though, it won't be so bad. Kinda like now with boxing, where it's alongside amateurs, except maybe a higher proportion of professionals to keep interest up. It's definitely, for me at least, one of the most entertaining martial arts around, and it has a huge base in the US. What I said about expanding was getting more federations involved, the IMMAF has fewer than 50 at the moment. 

That would be good, but somehow I feel like the big superstars from the likes of UFC won't feel interested in participating in a non-paying event like the Olympics :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

That would be good, but somehow I feel like the big superstars from the likes of UFC won't feel interested in participating in a non-paying event like the Olympics :p

Maybe, but exposure could mean more viewership later = even more $$$ :p 

As for Karate, well, the French are going to want medals one way or another. So it's either going to be that or Boules. (Maybe both...)

Boules is interesting because it's the only sport at the Paralympics not in any resemblance in the Olympics (kind of) though for good reason. Would you rather have to have Boules or Karate? :mumble:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Would you rather have to have Boules or Karate? :mumble:

Not gonna turn the live stream on for any of them so I couldn't care less :d 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

Not gonna turn the live stream on for any of them so I couldn't care less :d 

Fair enough. I mean the only new Olympic sports I really think deserve to be in the Olympics now are Squash and possibly Cricket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Fair enough. I mean the only new Olympic sports I really think deserve to be in the Olympics now are Squash and possibly Cricket. 

Cricket would be good for the IOC because India is the biggest country in cricket and also the one big country left where the Olympics need a boost in interest.

However attempts at getting a cricket competition at the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games have been poor.

Lack of effort by the strong nations killed it at both.

India, Australia and England are more interested in making money at their own tournaments than expanding the sport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Actualites/Quels-nouveau-x-sport-s-integrer-au-programme-olympique-pour-paris-2024/853433?platform=hootsuite&xtref=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FaAXOJoFLRn¤amp§1

 

Questionnaire made by L'equipe about sports u wish to be added to Olympic Programme in 2024 , u can choose 3 sports , for me i chose Squash , Karate and Baseball 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Tous-sports/Actualites/Quels-nouveau-x-sport-s-integrer-au-programme-olympique-pour-paris-2024/853433?platform=hootsuite&xtref=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FaAXOJoFLRn¤amp§1

 

Questionnaire made by L'equipe about sports u wish to be added to Olympic Programme in 2024 , u can choose 3 sports , for me i chose Squash , Karate and Baseball 

 

well, many of those sports (Baseball, Sport Climbing, Karate, Skateboarding, Surfing) are already in the Tokyo 2020 schedule as "new sports", which means they will be also on the Paris 2024 list...

 

so, among the few remaining, I'd like to see Roller Sports (actually, only Roller Speedskating), Squash (only if IOC gets rid of all doubles and team events in the racket sports) and Water Ski (Jumping and Slalom only) in 2024...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phelps said:

 

well, many of those sports (Baseball, Sport Climbing, Karate, Skateboarding, Surfing) are already in the Tokyo 2020 schedule as "new sports", which means they will be also on the Paris 2024 list...

 

so, among the few remaining, I'd like to see Roller Sports (actually, only Roller Speedskating), Squash (only if IOC gets rid of all doubles and team events in the racket sports) and Water Ski (Jumping and Slalom only) in 2024...

Those five sports are apparently in Tokyo 2020 only (non-core sports) and will have to reapply for Paris.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...