website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I don’t think even the athletes like the idea if monobob tbh.

Yeah they wanted 4-woman (even more non-competitive, but sure) and got an event that's made specifically for youth athletes and para-athletes :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Monobob (or any event that is created without a world championships) was a terrible idea, it's not like the Winter Olympics have an athlete problem like the Summer Olympics.

Gender parity isn't going to go away and the Olympics and sport federations need to adapt. The main issue however, is that the Olympics haven't kept up with the athlete numbers. In 1988 we had 237 events; 153 men, 72 women and 12 open. In terms of athletes there were 6197 men and 2194 women. That pretty much means for gender parity we need around 12.5k athletes for just over 300 events and that's ignoring the fact that Badminton, Golf, Rugby Sevens, Taekwondo and Triathlon were all added after those games (along with the additional sports for 2020 and 2024). Those additions pushes the number to over 13,000 plus additional quotas for the new sports. 

While I do acknowledge that was at a time before qualification events, it doesn't reverse the fact that we are probably missing up to 1000 athletes from existing events.

12 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Do you prefer Corona or Negra Modelo?

corona.jpgnegra.jpg

I really like Corona Extra, but unfortunately I never tried the other one (I don't think it's available here in Italy), so, it's a forced choice...:lol:

by the way, among the commercial beers, my favourites are generally Fisher (FRA), Stella Artois (Belgium), Heineken (NED) and Beck's (GER)...

but those I like the most are local beers from the small Italian factories and the "special" ones (like the "Biere du Demon", the super-powerful French beer)...

2 hours ago, Agger said:

Trappiste beers > Belgian beers >>>>>>>>>> All others.

You're welcome ;)

c´mon be serious, to put :BEL beer above :CZE (or even SVK ) can be almost considered like a war starting excuse :d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2018/07/08/is-czech-beer-the-best-in-the-world-or-drunken-speculation/#18fcef944d01

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

c´mon be serious, to put :BEL beer above :CZE (or even SVK ) can be almost considered like a war starting excuse :d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rogeraitken/2018/07/08/is-czech-beer-the-best-in-the-world-or-drunken-speculation/#18fcef944d01

I love how the article says "is it the best in the world or just drunk speculation"..... as if any opinion in the matter isn't just speculation :d. I would in fact put more value of drunk speculation anyway, as it least that speculation comes from having tasted copious amounts of each product and thus making the drunks more qualified to speculate :p  

10 hours ago, phelps said:

I really like Corona Extra, but unfortunately I never tried the other one (I don't think it's available here in Italy), so, it's a forced choice...:lol:

by the way, among the commercial beers, my favourites are generally Fisher (FRA), Stella Artois (Belgium), Heineken (NED) and Beck's (GER)...

but those I like the most are local beers from the small Italian factories and the "special" ones (like the "Biere du Demon", the super-powerful French beer)...

It's from the same company, I think those two are among the best, although nowadays local "handcrafted" beers are one of the few growing industries in Mexico.

From the other ones, I like Beck's, but are Stella Artois and Heineken are ok too... never tasted Fisher

Other beers I like: Pilsner Carlsberg (DEN), Pilsner Urquell (CZE) and Cusqueña (PER)

Is beer drinking going to be Olympic (rather sure the youth is doing that a lot more than skateboarding or breakdancing, so who knows) or what?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, hckosice said:

I can do with czech lager, but I prefer something stronger and nothing beats a good triple!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is beer drinking going to be Olympic (rather sure the youth is doing that a lot more than skateboarding or breakdancing, so who knows) or what?

Not yet, though that would put me closer than any sport :p