website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

à l’instant, MHSN a dit :

I'm not a "huge" fan of Karate but I defend Karate when I see skateboarding or breakdancing are in the program !

but I don't know why people even compare karate with taekwondo !! taekwondo is about 95% kicking and 5% punching while Kaarate is about 80% punching and 20% kicking beside that in taekwondo you have to hit as hard as possible while in Karate you will get penalized if you hit hard !

you will find more similarities between football and handball

People who will mistake Karate for Taekwondo : a shitload

People who will mistake football for handball: absolutely none

il y a 1 minute, Jur a dit :

I understand why Karate isn't at the olympics, there's no much new it offers. It's just another combact sport in a white suit.

Maybe a real option it would be to have Taekwondo one games, Karate next games.

Or droping it for good as it was only in for political reason in the first place

10 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Well, yours are also opinions. ;)

Don't get me wrong, breakdancing was the most stupid decision ever (which is also an opinion) but I like most of the other sports you don't like, or you don't consider sports for that matter. But would you rather have an Olympics with only 12 events like the Ancient Olympics? That would be uninteresting.

doping in weightlifting is just an opinion?

corruption in Boxing is "my fantasy"?

considering having 12/13 years young kids together with adults and under the spotlight of any sort of media operator immoral is only "an opinion"? yes, maybe this is just an opinion...but I do really believe that this is the only acceptable one...

on this question I'm more than a Nazi...

and as I wrote many times in the past, I don't consider AS, RG and so on "true sports" only because their results are determined only on the basis of personal taste of biased (when not fully corrupted) people named "judges", without any objective parameter, not because I don't like them (which is not even completely true for some of them)...

and frankly, I'm pretty tired to repeat myself every once in a while on that...;)

Edited by phelps

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

but they decided to give them just 10 spots per class and they didn't even allowed all 6 classes per gender to be in Tokyo...and then...bang! they killed the sport and its athletes for what?

That's just it. Karate is not being removed because there is basically nothing to remove. Karate community should feel lucky that they will be allowed to have their Olympic moment in Tokyo.

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

People who will mistake Karate for Taekwondo : a shitload

People who will mistake football for handball: absolutely none

a shitload of ignorants!

definitely not to be admired and/or rewarded for that...:whistle:

à l’instant, phelps a dit :

a shitload of ignorants!

definitely not to be admired and/or rewarded for that...:whistle:

Who cares ? You're complety missing the point.

IOC deals with the ignorant masses who won't see the difference. That's what matters.

4 hours ago, NearPup said:

Honestly, as much as it sucks for the athletes... I’m extremely glad kumite isn’t sticking around. I tried watching it multiple times and I never got the appeal at all. Kata is at least somewhat unique.

Kata is arguably the most boring thing I've ever seen in sports, but yeah, it is indeed somewhat unique :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Larger audience? C'mon.. :lol:

Yes, I can skateboard anywhere. Kids in Afghanistan are skateboarding, not practicing karate.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela