website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Unanimous approval for breakdancing, skateboarding, surfing and sport climbing to be provisionally included on the Paris 2024 Olympic programme.

Breaking will receive a total of 32 quotas for the games. 16 for both men and women. The between the other three sports there will be just over 200 quotas given out. There have also been 12 events proposed, In currently trying to get a list.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Breaking will receive a total of 32 quotas for the games. 16 for both men and women. The between the other three sports there will be just over 200 quotas given out. There have also been 12 events proposed, In currently trying to get a list.

The proposal is that breakdancing gets a men's and women's event, skateboarding and surfing will get the same events as 2020 while sport climbing will have a speed and a lead/bouldering combined event

Unanimous approval for breakdancing, skateboarding, surfing and sport climbing to be provisionally included on the Paris 2024 Olympic programme.

que suce!

how disgusting!

che schifo!

das saugt!

que chupa!

isso è uma porcaria!

Это сосет!

Edited by phelps

At this point I don’t see Skateboarding, Surfing or Climbing going anywhere anytime soon, and at this point they may as well make them permanent. 

Breaking... I suspect that might be a one time experiment.

Edited by NearPup

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

At this point I don’t see Skateboarding, Surfing or Climbing going anywhere anytime soon, and at this point they may as well make them permanent. 

Breaking... I suspect that might be a one time experiment.

Really Skateboarding should be gone too for it’s inability to create good governance. Climbing should definitely stay on the program though, it honestly should have been on the program for the last few years.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

What, no talk of removing wrestling, boxing, weightlifting or any other sport the East is good at. I'm disappointed. 

Boxing will go eventually, but see no reason to get rid of Weightlifting or Wrestling

28 minutes ago, opruh said:

Stupid decision by idiot officials to add these "sports". I won't be surprised if something like a competitive hot dog eating contest will be added as the next sport in the future edition of olympics unless some vegans react.

Ok whoa, Sport Climbing definitely deserves a spot in the Olympics. I’m indifferent about Surfing, and Skateboarding was going to make it eventually so whatever. Breaking can go break away from the Olympic Program though.

When is the IOC going to cut some of these sports???  I love the summer games the way it is.  It is starting to get ridiculous for how many sports they are adding.  I would cut boxing, 3x3 Basketball, and BMX freestyle.  Boxing has too much controversy and even though 3x3 Basketball is exciting, I would rather have only one Basketball.  I could do without BMX freestyle as well.  Surfing is a sport that has to depend on the host city.  Where is surfing going to be held in Paris???  I could do without break dancing as well.  It’s just unnecessary.  I’m starting to like the winter games better because they don’t have an overwhelming amount of sports and it is easier to follow.  Plus, who would want to host the summer games when you have to find venues for 40-45 sports.  In my opinion, the IOC needs to put a limit on sports.