website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

get rid of those cheaters of Boxing and you have 300 more quota available...

not to mention that not having Baseball/Softball returning, it also increases the amount of spots that could be used to make the current sports more enjoyable...

p.s. and in any case...breakdance...c'mon, guys! let's be serious...

The extra quotas that were used in 2020 will not be used in 2024 so any additional quotas from new sports will come at the expense of something else. Any sports that aren't balanced better watch out...

à l’instant, phelps a dit :

I don't think that's the problem...I mean, Karate is already in the 2020 schedule, so they don't need to cut more quota than this time (actually, they should, because karate deserves at least 16 -if not 32, considered that world champs always have more than 100- starters in each class and all 5 kumite classes in the olympic program, but that's another question)...

Yes, they would have. Rules have changed. 

I have a solution that will release many athletes/quotas. Get rid of football!  That are 504 athlete quotas. 

Olympics should be a stage where we see the best athletes in every sport. Do any expect to see Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, etc..  at the Olympics in Tokyo? 

If football doesn't begin to take it's role as an olympic sport seriously, I would mean that many other sports deserve a chance at the Olympics instead of football. 

p.s I'm a massive football fan. The sport I watch the most is, with no doubt, football. Both club and international matches. I love the sport and I find it to be a disgrace to watch Olympic football compared to the World Cup, especially for the best teams. The Olympics should at least have the same level or status as the World Cup. 

6 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I have a solution that will release many athletes/quotas. Get rid of football!  That are 504 athlete quotas. 

Olympics should be a stage where we see the best athletes in every sport. Do any expect to see Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, etc..  at the Olympics in Tokyo? 

If football doesn't begin to take it's role as an olympic sport seriously, I would mean that many other sports deserve a chance at the Olympics instead of football. 

p.s I'm a massive football fan. The sport I watch the most is, with no doubt, football. Both club and international matches. I love the sport and I find it to be a disgrace to watch Olympic football compared to the World Cup, especially for the best teams. The Olympics should at least have the same level or status as the World Cup. 

Men's football, at least. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Get rid of the sport that sell 1/4 of the overall tickets number ? Sure, it will happen...

We all have to get real here. The olympics are in a precarious place. The audience is getting older and the candidates to host the games are becoming less and less.

They need to keep the costs as low as possible and bring new revenues. Anyhing outsilde of this realm is pure fantasy.

Yeah I'm not saying it's a realistic possibility, just that it would be good for everything non-financial about the Olympics :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The thing with football is that we have reached a point where not even the best U23 players attend anymore. I'd like to keep football if only FIFA gave two shits and forced clubs to release U23 players like they do for any other fifa tournament. If not even FIFA cares about the olympic tournament then it's impossible to defend.