website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

10 hours ago, Nate River said:

IMO they got 3/4 right, which isn’t too too bad all things considered.

Sportclimbing counts for 3?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Ain't gonna spend 5 seconds watching breakdance as Olympic event. Pure bullshit :mad:

Well, noted :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Ain't gonna spend 5 seconds watching breakdance as Olympic event. Pure bullshit :mad:

A fkin disgrace. Real Olympic sports are harassed and got their places diminished constantly, while all kind of corner-street bullshit gets to become Olympic :(

Edited by zob79

1 hour ago, De_Gambassi said:

The french karate federation is still trying to win the fight....

https://beltofhope.com/en

I'm not sur what they hope to achieve. But here it is.

the entire Karate world is not givin'up...

to be honest, there must be something hidden we don't know behind the Paris organizers and karate...:mumble:

otherwise it's just inexplicable why decided not to include that discipline among those in the schedule...I mean, they will make their dubut at the Games in the 2020 edition, it's one of the sports with the most participants (both athletes and Countries) at the international events, it's one of the most well spread around the world in terms of competitive teams, it's one of the most successful sports in France (both in terms of participation and actual success) and it doesn't require a new venue (it can be played at the same venue of Taekwondo rather than Judo or Wrestling...normally they have 2 venues covering those 4 disciplines...and it would be the same with only 3, so, it doesn't change anything)...

meh...:nopompom:

à l’instant, phelps a dit :

the entire Karate world is not givin'up...

to be honest, there must be something hidden we don't know behind the Paris organizers and karate...:mumble:

otherwise it's just inexplicable why decided not to include that discipline among those in the schedule...I mean, they will make their dubut at the Games in the 2020 edition, it's one of the sports with the most participants (both athletes and Countries) at the international events, it's one of the most well spread around the world in terms of competitive teams, it's one of the most successful sports in France (both in terms of participation and actual success) and it doesn't require a new venue (it can be played at the same venue of Taekwondo rather than Judo or Wrestling...normally they have 2 venues covering those 4 disciplines...and it would be the same with only 3, so, it doesn't change anything)...

meh...:nopompom:

80 quotas to get rid in other sports to make room for karate ?

I mean the fact that additional sports quotas were counted this time in the overall 15,000 athlete quotas probably changed a lot of things.

3 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

80 quotas to get rid in other sports to make room for karate ?

I mean the fact that additional sports quotas were counted this time in the overall 15,000 athlete quotas probably changed a lot of things.

I don't think that's the problem...I mean, Karate is already in the 2020 schedule, so they don't need to cut more quota than this time (actually, they should, because karate deserves at least 16 -if not 32, considered that world champs always have more than 100- starters in each class and all 5 kumite classes in the olympic program, but that's another question)...

8 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I think the bigger issue is that 10 athletes per event is laughable, you really do need at least 16 athletes. That's 128 athletes among the current events. You can have 2-4 sports with that many athletes.

get rid of those cheaters of Boxing and you have 300 more quota available...

not to mention that not having Baseball/Softball returning, it also increases the amount of spots that could be used to make the current sports more enjoyable...

p.s. and in any case...breakdance...c'mon, guys! let's be serious...

Edited by phelps