website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

4 minuti fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

Just a side note (as it's the second time I see it), but french NOC had nothing to do with it. It was Organisational Committe (COJO) call (with or without IOC friendly advices...)

Ok, I thought it was the French NOC that took the decision together with the COJO (at least, that's what I read...but obviously the news was not correct)...

for what it matters, I'll be more precise next time...;)

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of costs karate is one of the cheapest, the bigger issue is that they require more athletes than the other nominated sports (unless they decide to create another farce of having only 10 athletes per weightclass like in 2020). Would the sport sacrifice kumite and only have the individual kata events?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

This quote should be well like here:

IOC President Thomas Bach claimed the four sports will make Paris 2024 "more gender balanced, more youthful and more urban" and "offer the opportunity to connect with the young generation" in the French capital.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

IMO they got 3/4 right, which isn’t too too bad all things considered.

42 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This quote should be well like here:

IOC President Thomas Bach claimed the four sports will make Paris 2024 "more gender balanced, more youthful and more urban" and "offer the opportunity to connect with the young generation" in the French capital.”

I really would like a clarification on the term "urban".

#banbestmen

21 minutes ago, dcro said:

I really would like a clarification on the term "urban".

I’ve been thinking the small thing actually. It honestly just seems like a flash word to describe something popular amongst people of my generation.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela