website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

3 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

really disappointed by French NOC decision , this's a Carnival not Olympics , it'd have been much better even if they added e-sports 

It would have been much better if they added more quotas to existing sports. 

11 minuti fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

So ok, we all hate this selection. Fine.

But, beyond our personal feelings, do you think this new urban/youth sports policy could work ? Will it attract the new audience the IOC is wishing for ?

Maybe. Honestly, I don't like some of these very much, but still they cannot be ignored, especially because the venues are not expensive and so their addition is relatively cheap. But, in general and not limited to these sports, IOC should work to create pro circuits, spread all over the world, of all sports, if it want athletes to work seriously and sponsors which can help increase interest and hence audience. 

I'm really disappointed, as everyone else... breakdance? really? Even skateboard... I'm ok with climbing and surfing, but those other two? that doesn't feel like the Olympics. And if they accepted that, what are they gonna accept in the next years? :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

But, beyond our personal feelings, do you think this new urban/youth sports policy could work ? Will it attract the new audience the IOC is wishing for ?

Maybe to some extent, but for me the only youth stuff that can work is skateboarding (already there) and e-sports (but I don't consider this as a sport).

But with this "I-can-put-sports-I-like" policy, you can attract more bidders (for example Turkmenistan maybe pushing through to add belt wrestling or Indonesia pushing pencak silat). Of course this will further lower the Olympic prestige.

Edited by Griff88

39 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

No, because the new audiences don't give a crap about the whole thing and see it as a leftist money wasting party.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minuti fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

no, not at all...

they should undestand that those kids are definitely NOT interested in watching anything on TV, they hate any sort of "rule" and "burocracy" (which any sport competition is basically about...you just can't have a competition without them)...

they've never been, thay are not and they're never gonna be the "Olympic audience"...

the IOC must not search for a new kind of audience, they should only enforce and make happier and more loyal those who already are their long time fanbase (which is the most antithetical people you could imagine if compared to the target of stupid things like "gender equality" and above all "urban & youth")...

it's exactly the same mistake the American baseball is doing with their core audience...they're trying to destroy the game as it's always been to look for people who was never into it and never will be...and the only result they're getting it's that they're losing fans among their usual fanbase and they're not finding what they're looking for among the possible new markets...

in long terms, that's just the route to self-destruction...

wow VERY disappointing, :cry: I hope one day they learn they can't FORCE "youth" to enjoy the Olympics. this is just not for everybody. the Olympics will have its fans unless they ruin it like this.

this is a terrible news for Karate athletes. I mean these sports are amateur. Olympic can make a huge huge difference for them. imagine you are a 20 years old Karate athlete probably was planning for the next olympics. this is why I hate adding sports just for one edition.