website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

Ahora, phelps said:

only if you watch a tape delayed summary...;)

when you watch it live, there's really too much time action-less...you just can't wait 25 minutes to see 2/3 rides per heat...:sleep:

especially when it's 7 or 8 a.m. and still dreamin' of your comfortable bed...:lol:

The competitions I watched were actually pretty interesting. Lot's of lidership changes in the time heats lasted.

It's live judged so it really let's you know how the heat is going every minute.

And given France has Biarritz to host and LA2028 is coming, we assured venues with great waves.

I'm really intrigued and excited for this event in Tokyo, and is not like Spain has any chance of medal.....

11 minuti fa, Jur ha scritto:

The competitions I watched were actually pretty interesting. Lot's of lidership changes in the time heats lasted.

It's live judged so it really let's you know how the heat is going every minute.

And given France has Biarritz to host and LA2028 is coming, we assured venues with great waves.

I'm really intrigued and excited for this event in Tokyo, and is not like Spain has any chance of medal.....

so, you've been lucky...

I watched quite a few WSL women's events in the past couple of years and most times there were very long awaits between one ride and another in the same heat...or just a 20-min of nothing and then all the action in the last 5 mins, which didn't prove too exciting for me...

maybe I should start watching men's competitions, too...

but, you know, the sport itself it's not the only (nor the main, I fear) reason to watch surf...therefore it's difficult for me to watch the boys instead of the girls...:lol:

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

so, you've been lucky...

I watched quite a few WSL women's events in the past couple of years and most times there were very long awaits between one ride and another in the same heat...or just a 20-min of nothing and then all the action in the last 5 mins, which didn't prove too exciting for me...

but, you know, the sport itself it's not the only (nor the main, I fear) reason to watch surf...therefore it's difficult for me to watch the boys instead of the girls...:lol:

You watch sports just because of how the athletes look? :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, phelps said:

so, you've been lucky...

I don't see why surfing would be interesting...

Spoiler

Edited by wumo26

3 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

You watch sports just because of how the athletes look? :p

no, of course...but sometimes the maniac inside me takes the lead and makes me watch more women's events rather than men's (especially when we talk about surfing, beach volleyball)...:whistle::lol:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

blitz chess is at least a better idea than Breakdancing or surfing or any other crazy sports

btw I like your avatar :d remind me of some good memories. the first sport competition I ever watched

Agreed.

The very last successfull tournament of Czechoslovakia...oh the amazing generation around Moravčík, Skuhravý and Kubík :d

My issue with surfing is the qualification system. Due to the lack of diversity in the World Surf League we essentially have 12 athletes fighting for 10 quotas in men's shortboard while 9 athletes are fighting for 8 quotas in women's shortboard. Of course, qualification is by name so there will be a lot of intra-national competition, but for me that doesn't mean too much.

Announcement to be made tomorrow morning.

Please clear out the streets, some people will be very, very pissed off

Citation

le breakdance a définitivement marqué des points aux Jeux Olympiques de la Jeunesse de Buenos Aires, en octobre dernier, avec sa compétition mixte 

Brace yourself for the shistorm of our lifes.

Edited by De_Gambassi