website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's sort of an equivalent of stuff like big air in the winter, where it's more about 'having fun' in their hipster baggy pants - or at least that's how they make it look - than about actually competing. Noooo thanks.

Not to mention how that event doesn't have code of points or anything, at YOG it was just a bunch of funny named judges voting for what's "cool" (whatever that means). So of course it was biased towards the hosts and the other desirables...

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not to mention how that event doesn't have code of points or anything, at YOG it was just a bunch of funny named judges voting for what's "cool" (whatever that means). So of course it was biased towards the hosts and the other desirables...

And seeing medals being won by the likes of 'B4', 'Ram' or 'Bumblebee' gives me spontaneous itches. 

(Which by the way doesn't mean I hated watched it, I just really don't think it's fitting for the Olympics)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@phelps @Gianlu33  etc.

Citation

Une autre rumeur, venue d'Italie ( !) indique qu'en fait, Paris 2024 aurait arrêté une liste de sept noms et laisserait in fine le CIO trancher dans le vif pour ne choisir qu'un maximum de cinq sports

Apparently, there is a rumour from Italy that Paris 2024 would chose seven sports and let IOC make the final cut. Any italians here heard about that ?

There's a popular meme in Spain that is a old guy taking part in Dancing with the stars dressed urban triying to do a breakdance routine. It's used as a way to refer to older people trying to act cool like teens.

DzxBgVvWoAAavtX.jpg

I think it's just perfectly fitting for the IOC...........

il y a 6 minutes, Jur a déclaré:

There's a popular meme in Spain that is a old guy taking part in Dancing with the stars dressed urban triying to do a breakdance routine. It's used as a way to refer to older people trying to act cool like teens.

DzxBgVvWoAAavtX.jpg

I think it's just perfectly fitting for the IOC...........

Please someone put Bach face on it...

3 ore fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

@phelps @Gianlu33  etc.

Apparently, there is a rumour from Italy that Paris 2024 would chose seven sports and let IOC make the final cut. Any italians here heard about that ?

no, not at all...

our media don't even talk of the Milano+Cortina 2026 bid, just imagine what's the interest for any other news related to the Olympic sports...:facepalm::wall::cry:

here in Italy 98% of sports news are about Mauro Icardi, Wanda Nara and the Inter FC saga...

1% is about Atletico Madrid-Juventus...

and the last 1% is about Ferrari, Vettel and the Formula1 practice in Barcelona...

oh...and last week they spent a few minutes/pages on Valentino Rossi, as it was his 40th birthday (so, as you might imagine, they didn't even talk that much of his sports career, but it was almost only about gossip)...

as usual, except for the only 2/3 normal sports websites, there's no place for anything else...

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

blitz chess is at least a better idea than Breakdancing or surfing or any other crazy sports

btw I like your avatar :d remind me of some good memories. the first sport competition I ever watched

Adesso, Jur ha scritto:

Surfing is pretty interesting. Y'all should give it a chance.

only if you watch a tape delayed summary...;)

when you watch it live, there's really too much time action-less...you just can't wait 25 minutes to see 2/3 rides per heat...:sleep:

especially when it's 7 or 8 a.m. and still dreamin' of your comfortable bed...:lol: