website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

3 minutes ago, Jur said:

So..... ¿Winter Games?

That's also eastern and southern Europeans and some Oceanians :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That won't stop stuff like women's Nordic combined.

Wasn’t added, but monobob was!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

But all other games are just east asians, western europeans and americans at the top level.

So, Canoe Slalom?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So, if boxing is gone as a core sport, what takes it’s place. Rugby Sevens, Golf, Wrestling (the current optional sports)? Karate, Sport Climbing, Surfing, Skateboard, Baseball (current regional optional sports)? Or other an outsider like Squash, Roller Sports?

hace 10 minutos, Olympian1010 said:

So, if boxing is gone as a core sport, what takes it’s place. Rugby Sevens, Golf, Wrestling (the current optional sports)? Karate, Sport Climbing, Surfing, Skateboard, Baseball (current regional optional sports)? Or other an outsider like Squash, Roller Sports?

Does it matter anymore?

Should be Wrestling though.

Wait, 'core sports' is actually a thing instead of just a random name we gave to it? How on earth did new additions like rugby sevens and golf make it to the list of 'core sports'?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Wait, 'core sports' is actually a thing instead of just a random name we gave to it? How on earth did new additions like rugby sevens and golf make it to the list of 'core sports'?

There not, they are 2 of the 3 (Wrestling be the the other one) IOC Invited sports. I believe they’ll be up for reinvitation after 2024. I’m not an expert on this topic though, I recommend reading the Wikipedia page for a better explanation

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

There not, they are 2 of the 3 (Wrestling be the the other one) IOC Invited sports. I believe they’ll be up for reinvitation after 2024. I’m not an expert on this topic though, I recommend reading the Wikipedia page for a better explanation

no that's not true. Wrestling, Golf and Rugby they are all core sports. they are all 100% safe for 2024. the only core sport which is not safe is Weightlifting. (and now boxing)

they dropped wrestling once but then wrestling had a competition with some other sports like Squash to get its place back as a core  sport.