website statistics

Rugby Sevens Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

Everyone expected that Spain will win quota in men's handball ,but they were really bad. This was really unexpected. Also they have good chance now in women's rugby.

Edited by dareza

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I just always have a weak spot for nations like Tonga, Samoa and Fiji :(

But to be fair, this is the perfect example of total sadness and total hapiness in one moment, which is what sports is about :) 

I think this was the only chance for those countries to do something. By 2020 a lot of new countries will emerge (that are not very limited with their population). This only became an Olympic sport. Samoa failed to qualify, if Fiji fails to win a medal they never will. More or less.

#banbestmen

hace 35 minutos, dcro said:

I think this was the only chance for those countries to do something. By 2020 a lot of new countries will emerge (that are not very limited with their population). This only became an Olympic sport. Samoa failed to qualify, if Fiji fails to win a medal they never will. More or less.

Fiji have been the best in sevens for decades even above nations like Australia or NZ that invest more than anyone else in this sport, I don't see any reason for that to change soon.

Hope to catch some really good matches in Rio and introduce my friends to this awesome sport :) I don't know why neither version of rugby can't catch here in Poland :( i know we dont have great teams, but still... pity.

And I hope some exotic nations will win medals here, especially those like Fiji who have little chances in other sports.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk