website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, GBR ever entering with this song would get my 12 points without any form of doubt. There are two things in the entire world that make my dad cry (of pure laughter) and this is one of them, which eventually lead to me somehow finding this absolutely hilarious as well :p 

Hide contents

I am well aware of this being rather old-fashioned and somewhat stupid, but boy, just thinking about this song and I start giggling already :d 

Check this:

18+ only!!!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Check this:

18+ only!!!

Hide contents

:rofl:

This is definitely alright for under 18 as well, it's just a picture of a brontosaurus :p If this was on South Park when I was 12, it would probably have ended up on my playlist forever :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Same here. And I usually get a feeling that it's actually mine that is hated :d 

Now, after series of TISC events, I can predict from whom I can expect points and can guess who won't give a single point. Same works on the other side.

How could I ever hate New Zealand :( I still remember that New Zealand presentation I made two years ago. As long as you have the Kiwi bird, your music will never be the worst :thumbup:

Also, after all of the TISC events that we've had, I can already deduce whom I can expect points from when picking a song of a certain style. Also, throughout the years, I think that I became VERY easy to read for the picks that I'm going for. Although, one of the weirdest and unexplanable things during these TISC contests is that there are some countries, for example, that nearly always get points from me, they pick cool music. Then you'd think that your musical radar is on the same level, but yet your songs never get points from them and then you're left in a wheel of misunderstandment and unknowingness.

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, GBR ever entering with this song would get my 12 points without any form of doubt. 

I think I could devise a whole Spotify playlist of songs that GBR could enter with in order to get my twelve points :d

Honestly, I have absolutely 0,0 idea which countries to expect points from and which countries to expect nothing from. As always :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

How could I ever hate New Zealand :( I still remember that New Zealand presentation I made two years ago. As long as you have the Kiwi bird, your music will never be the worst :thumbup:

Also, after all of the TISC events that we've had, I can already deduce whom I can expect points from when picking a song of a certain style. Also, throughout the years, I think that I became VERY easy to read for the picks that I'm going for. Although, one of the weirdest and unexplanable things during these TISC contests is that there are some countries, for example, that nearly always get points from me, they pick cool music. Then you'd think that your musical radar is on the same level, but yet your songs never get points from them and then you're left in a wheel of misunderstandment and unknowingness.

Ah, that's the beauty :d 

I've never paid attention about countries I give points and get nothing in return or the opposite. :mumble:

I only know which ones have almost never got points from me :d 

Just now, Wanderer said:

Ah, that's the beauty :d 

I've never paid attention about countries I give points and get nothing in return or the opposite. :mumble:

I only know which ones have almost never got points from me :d 

The reason why my attention was drawn to countries that did not give me points when I usually shower them in points is purely scientific :d

You see, when two people generally have the same taste in music, you'd expect that it wouldn't be a one way street. This is the beauty of this contest. Over-analysing things leads you to knowing less than where you started from, but over-analyse I shall.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Honestly, I have absolutely 0,0 idea which countries to expect points from and which countries to expect nothing from. As always :p 

For me there are some countries with good posibilitys (specially which have latin languages), some in the balcan countries, bestmen is an usual voter of our music.

Somo another countries/users are in the middle (can be or not can be like you)

And there are the very improbable countries like GB, U.S.A and the asian countries.