website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

Nervous moments around former TOISC Dutch participant Within Temptation, since a few hours their website has gone all black with a message that the lead singer will have an official statement (about what?!) soon..

https://www.within-temptation.com/

3e21cc7161.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:UGA Uganda :UGA

R-3260282-1322782666.jpeg.jpg

What is a Totallympics Song Contest without Afrobeat? I present you The Rwenzoris, band which played Kidandali music, originated in Uganda

More on Kidandali music: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidandali

The Rwenzoris - Handsome Boy (E Wara)

32 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

:UGA Uganda :UGA

R-3260282-1322782666.jpeg.jpg

What is a Totallympics Song Contest without Afrobeat? I present you The Rwenzoris, band which played Kidandali music, originated in Uganda

More on Kidandali music: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidandali

The Rwenzoris - Handsome Boy (E Wara)

Good 70s song, is it coincidence this song with the New Zelands participating song?

Just now, konig said:

Both are from the same time.

Coincident is that I picked both songs :d But they quite differ in genre. "Nature" is more psychedelic and 1960s while "Handsome Boy" is much more funky, right in the middle of 1970s and Afrofunk/Afrobeat era which was quite developed and popular in west and central Africa. Ethiopia developed very specific genre on they own, so-called ethio-jazz later. Zambia for instance went much more in "rock" genre (Zambian rock from 1970s). I both presented during TISC Song festivals. 

And I actually like music from 1960s and 1970s very, very, very much. Also 1980s, especially early 1980s when post-punk peaked. So, no wonder I usually vote for or pick songs from those eras :) 

3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Coincident is that I picked both songs :d But they quite differ in genre. "Nature" is more psychedelic and 1960s while "Handsome Boy" is much more funky, right in the middle of 1970s and Afrofunk/Afrobeat era which was quite developed and popular in west and central Africa. Ethiopia developed very specific genre on they own, so-called ethio-jazz later. Zambia for instance went much more in "rock" genre (Zambian rock from 1970s). I both presented during TISC Song festivals. 

And I actually like music from 1960s and 1970s very, very, very much. Also 1980s, especially early 1980s when post-punk peaked. So, no wonder I usually vote for or pick songs from those eras :) 

Thanks for the explanation,  the music of the 1980s is which i prefer of all the music, i acept that from the 1960, except te Beatles, i know very few songs.

25 minutes ago, konig said:

Thanks for the explanation,  the music of the 1980s is which i prefer of all the music, i acept that from the 1960, except te Beatles, i know very few songs.

1980s were very very diverse so no wonder it is still the most popular decade :d 

Speaking of 1960s, Rioplatense music scene from that period was very very good!

Edited by Wanderer