website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

6 hours ago, Werloc said:

In my honest opinion, I do not think that 2010's is a musical disaster. There is a lot of wonderful music out there. The major difference is the change of mentality and generations. Basically, the good music rarely gets to the top of the charts/gets recognition that it deserves. So we are mostly flooded by what the 12-24 y.o. listens, a lot of that hip-hop garbbage where they don't even rhyme, don't even sing, their lyrics are always about the next bang, money, ethnicity and don't forget to repeat the N word throughout the song for 70 times as well and you have yourself a Billboard 100 top 1 hit. Another thing is that rock songs never break through into the mainstream charts and that pretty much goes for many genres like folk, alternative, jazz etc. They're filled with beautiful girls/boys singing pop and of course the edgy hip-hop songs. Well, before I write a 1000 word essay, I'll just get to the point. The music is still good, but you have to put more effort into finding it, because the millenials have poor taste.

Wow, I had never seen things from this angle, but you're absolutely right! 

That's why I'm glad Spotify exists and shows you songs you could like according to what you listen to.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oh well, apart from all that, I guess this is the exact same for almost every generation. In general, people always say the next generation sucks compared to their own. Just like probably the generation of our parents would despise the music of our generation and our parents' parents despised the music of our parents' generation. It doesn't necessarily make the music worse, or make the taste of a generation worse. 'Millenials' (as far as that really exists) don't have poor taste, they just have a different taste than what you would say is good :p 

Well, I'm 21 so I'm part of the generation that loooooves all the songs that are so popular but that I hate (I don't hate all of them but like 95% :lol:), but maybe I'm 40 in my head I don't know :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Wow, I had never seen things from this angle, but you're absolutely right! 

That's why I'm glad Spotify exists and shows you songs you could like according to what you listen to.

Or Spotify genre playlists in general :d Acoustic Folk music playlist? Where do I sign up?

1 minute ago, Bohemia said:

Well, I'm 21 so I'm part of the generation that loooooves all the songs that are so popular but that I hate (I don't hate all of them but like 95% :lol:), but maybe I'm 40 in my head I don't know :lol: 

Truth be told, my age also fits in the category I described. It's just that younger people with a fine taste in music is a minority nowadays :d

Although, every single style has good and bad artists. For example, I was never much of a fan of electronic music, but there are some really good jams out there.

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Truth be told, my age also fits in the category I described. It's just that younger people with a fine taste in music is a minority nowadays :d

Although, every single style has good and bad artists. For example, I was never much of a fan of electronic music, but there are some really good jams out there.

Exactly, I'm not a fan of rap music for example but sometimes I like songs that fit in that category :d (but the songs doesn't have to be only rap, the rapper has to sing (or there must be a singer who sings the chorus) and the music must be good (according to me ofc), stuff like that)

There are always exceptions, songs that you don't want other people to know you like :p 

Edited by Bohemia

4 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Exactly, I'm not a fan of rap music for example but sometimes I like songs that fit in that category :d (but the songs doesn't have to be only rap, the rapper has to sing (or there must be a singer who sings the chorus) and the music must be good (according to me ofc), stuff like that)

There are always exceptions, songs that you don't want other people to know you like :p 

Oh yes, just like I'm ashamed that I enjoy "Love Galore" by SZA, which lyrically, is a song that goes against everything that I stand for in music, but has a very enchanting chorus melody :d

Edit: I also like the style behind the instrumental.

Edited by Werloc

54 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Absolutely no :p Lithuanian song is in the my top 15 :d (So, no spoiler about votes :p).

One song was very awfull...

Its strange that in this occasion all find a clearly best song and clearly awfull song.