website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2017

Hmm, thought to pick something from Africa but I already covered a lot (Ghana, Mauritania, Ethiopia, Zambia, Mali, Sudan, South Africa), even went with Cambodia and I won't be repetitive (bah, we had Jamaican ska last year) so now let it be :BEL and :UGA 

Was thinking, could Janko Nilovic qualify as Montenegrin given his ancestry, despite being a French citizen since 1970s

2 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

K-Pop :yikes:  :d I guess it's time to have it here :d 

And I thought you might pick Switzerland. I guess Agger will go with Sweden and Dan with Australia :d

Well, I kinda have a nice song for Switzerland, so I thought why not.

And even though I dislike K-Pop with a passion, I admire this one song for the choreography.

Edit: It's going to have to be the visual experience for the K-Pop

Edited by Werloc

:BEL Belgium :BEL

cram103.jpg

The Honeymoon Killers were a Belgian experimental rock band originally formed in 1974 by Yvon Vromman, with J.F Jones Jacob, and Gérald Fenerberg. In its first incarnation, the band played mostly in Brussels, was arrogant and funny, and performed massacres on all musical genres, from rockabilly and punk to marching band music, French chanson and free jazz.

The band's original name at the time was Les Tueurs de la lune de miel (i.e. "The Honeymoon Killers" in French). Their first album, entitled Special Manubre, was produced by Marc Moulin for his short-lived Kamikaze imprint, and came out in 1977.
In 1980 the Tueurs were joined by Vincent Kenis and Marc Hollander from Aksak Maboul and completed their line-up with singer Véronique Vincent.

Their album Les Tueurs De La Lune De Miel was rated "best Belgian rock album of all times" by Belgian rock magazine Mofo, and numbered among the top ten Belgian albums of all times according to Le Vif/L'Express magazine (2008).
In July 2012, UK newspaper The Guardian published an article entitled "The History of Belgian Pop in 10 Songs", which featured The Honeymoon Killers' Décollage, and described the group as "a band whose combination of indie pop, jazz and African influences echoed the pioneering spirit of Talking Heads without ever lapsing into imitation".

The Honeymoon Killers - Histoire à Suivre / Wait & See

The picked song would be nominated by me as a "safer" choice, but my absolute favourite song from The Honeymoon Killers is the following one (I really recommend to give it a try, if you're into such a music or would like to go out from your comfort zone).

Spoiler

Edited by Wanderer