website statistics

Handball Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

LDOG

Iran will be punching bag of Group B. :( Our complete team could compete at least to get respectful results but now ... this team is as bad as the team they sent to Asian Championship. (probably much weaker without Sajjad Esteki) they will probably lose by more than 20 goals, maybe even more :cry:

I don't think I ever see peace in our handball community in my lifetime ! :cry: only in handball I see our top players refuse to play for the national team. :wall:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Iran will be punching bag of Group B. :( Our complete team could compete at least to get respectful results but now ... this team is as bad as the team they sent to Asian Championship. (probably much weaker without Sajjad Esteki) they will probably lose by more than 20 goals, maybe even more :cry:

I don't think I ever see peace in our handball community in my lifetime ! :cry: only in handball I see our top players refuse to play for the national team. :wall:

What happened? Every top player refused to play and now it's something like a B-team or a junior team?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

What happened? Every top player refused to play and now it's something like a B-team or a junior team?

Not the whole A team but all of players who are playing outside of Iran. in fact all important players, and this is not the first time, it happens almost every time !

long story, but this time they don't like the current Croat coach and don't want to play for him, beside that they probably know there is no chance for Iran, they don't bother to play. even though officially our best player (Sajjad Esteki) claims his Qatari club didn't release him which is not true.

btw, if it wasn't for World Selection team (aka Qatar) Iran would qualify for the Olympics from Asia.

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Not the whole A team but all of players who are playing outside of Iran. in fact all important players, and this is not the first time, it happens almost every time !

long story, but this time they don't like the current Croat coach and don't want to play for him, beside that they probably know there is no chance for Iran, they don't bother to play. even though officially our best player (Sajjad Esteki) claims his Qatari club didn't release him which is not true.

btw, if it wasn't for World Selection team (aka Qatar) Iran would qualify for the Olympics from Asia.

IHF still lists Esteki in the team, but that's old then I guess:

8c997605b5.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

IHF still lists Esteki in the team, but that's old then I guess:

8c997605b5.png

This is the wide roster, they waited for him until the last day, (actually his name is still in their 16-man list) but he claims he can't make it. Mousavi who plays in Romani (according to the list :d) also won't be there. They didn't bother to come and play for their national team. The federation suspended the other Esteki (who plays in France) for the same reason as he didn't come to play in the Asian Championship.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

i was sure that Iranians are bigger patriots...BTW....it`s not players to decide if they want to play for the coach..., they don`t have to LIKE him, it looks so amateury, sorry to say. Do you know if Bahrain also has some foreign players?

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

35 minutes ago, MHSN said:

This is the wide roster, they waited for him until the last day, (actually his name is still in their 16-man list) but he claims he can't make it. Mousavi who plays in Romani (according to the list :d) also won't be there. They didn't bother to come and play for their national team. The federation suspended the other Esteki (who plays in France) for the same reason as he didn't come to play in the Asian Championship.

Thanks for the information and, sadly, I guess you're right about them not having much of a chance anyway..damn Qatar.

12 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

i was sure that Iranians are bigger patriots...BTW....it`s not players to decide if they want to play for the coach..., they don`t have to LIKE him, it looks so amateury, sorry to say. Do you know if Bahrain also has some foreign players?

Yes indeed, but we always had/have this problem in handball, these group of players boycotted the NT before, Iman Jamali even switched nationality to play for Hungary ! having problem with the coach is just an excuse, they simply don't care about the national team, Handball is the only sport we have such problem, as you said Iranians are patriots.

no, Bahrain is good in handball (in Asian level of course) , as far as I know they don't have any foreign players.