website statistics

Men's Football UEFA Under 21 European Championship 2019

Mkbw50

Honestly, i am a french man, but we have to say that our performance was very weak tonight. We can't be proud. Congratulations to romanian squad. It's not a very big surprise, because Romania has a very talented generation. I think it's a huge deception for Italy. I really hope your girls will make it... It's very important for italian football to have a squad at 2020 olympics. And your feminine squad can be a very very big surprise. Good luck to them. 

:cry: Disappoint of Italy EuroU21, this big fail wasn't expected and maybe will be "hide" behind the goaless draw of France-Romania, but isn't true.

No excuses this year our Under21  had all the talents available in the roster, and a semifinals was the MINIMUM target.....

We failed the match against  Poland (his defence conceded 7 goals!!!!!) without score a single goal, when a draw was enough.

With this tecnical staff we reached ONE semifinals in last three editions and were out after group stage in TWO editions.

Failed this edition (underrated Poland?) and failed  2015 edition when in first match left on the bench the best players (rested?) against Sweden "the less strong team" of our group.... they  won the Euro!)

Hope we the coach will be fired!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Acum 8 ore, Henry_Leon a spus:

:cry: Disappoint of Italy EuroU21, this big fail wasn't expected and maybe will be "hide" behind the goaless draw of France-Romania, but isn't true.

No excuses this year our Under21  had all the talents available in the roster, and a semifinals was the MINIMUM target.....

We failed the match against  Poland (his defence conceded 7 goals!!!!!) without score a single goal, when a draw was enough.

With this tecnical staff we reached ONE semifinals in last three editions and were out after group stage in TWO editions.

Failed this edition (underrated Poland?) and failed  2015 edition when in first match left on the bench the best players (rested?) against Sweden "the less strong team" of our group.... they  won the Euro!)

Hope we the coach will be fired!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Finally somebody who tells the main reason of Italy's elimination, the match against Poland. About France vs Romania, isn't normal to rest some of the key players and to play more relaxed knowing that both of them needs a draw? Who expected a spectacular match last night either is too optimistic or doesn't know football.

2 hours ago, NearPup said:

Not a surprising outcome given the farcical format. Hopefully they improve things by the 2023 tournament.

well, at least from the next championship we're going to have a classic 16 teams format (4 groups of 4 teams, the top 2 of each group advancing to the quarterfinal stage) in the final tournament...:evil:

it should be better than today's, even if with a group stage kind of a competition you can never completely cancel the risk of a "combination of interests" between 2 teams playing each other in the last day within the same group...

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Finally somebody who tells the main reason of Italy's elimination, the match against Poland. About France vs Romania, isn't normal to rest some of the key players and to play more relaxed knowing that both of them needs a draw? Who expected a spectacular match last night either is too optimistic or doesn't know football.

I agree, I don't know why there were people who were sure that either team wouldn't play for a boring draw...

On 21/06/2019 at 22:55, vlad said:

We won't play for a draw, that's for sure. And btw, I won 350 euros beting on Romania tonight and I'm so proud that my boys didn't disappointed me.

Edited by Dunadan

1 oră în urmă, Dunadan a spus:

I agree, I don't know why there were people who were sure that either team wouldn't play for a boring draw...

I didn't say we played for a draw. I said it was a low level football due to the fact that some of the players did not played because our coach choose to rest some of them. France played for a draw because they wanted to avoid Germany in semifinals. We knew that France wanted to avoid this match so I don't know what was the reason for Romania to play for a draw since a victory or a draw meant the same rival for us in semifinals, that's why I said we won't play for a draw.. And we had a penalty which was not given, the referee don't even requested the VAR, but nobody talk about that. It's not our fault that the hosts are eliminated. 

9 minutes ago, vlad said:

I didn't say we played for a draw. I said it was a low level football due to the fact that some of the players did not played because our coach choose to rest some of them.  

And why did your coach decide to give some of them a pause? Before the match started, Romania was not yet 100% qualified for the semifinal. But obviously he at least guessed, that France wouldn't go for a win at all costs either.

And I don't think playing Spain in the semis is in any way easier than playing Germany.

That being said, I agree that neither Romania nor France are to blame. The fault lies with Italy for losing to Poland and of course with the system, which is simply nuts and basically asked for situations like this. What France and Romania did wasn't any worse than China obviously playing for a draw against Spain at the Women's World Cup, because they knew that they would reach the knock out stage with 4 points.

It's only when Germany and Austria do it, that people still talk about it nearly 40 years later. ;)

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Acum 1 minut, EselTheDonkey a spus:

And why did your coach decide to give some of them a pause? Before the match started, Romania was not yet 100% qualified for the semifinal. But obviously he at least guessed, that France wouldn't go for a win at all costs either.

And I don't think playing Spain in the semis is in any way easier than playing Germany.

That being said, I agree that neither Romania nor France are to blame. The fault lies with Italy for losing to Poland and of course with the system, which is simply nuts and basically asked for situations like this. What France and Romania did wasn't any worse than China obviously playing for a draw against Spain at the Women's World Cup, because they knew that they would reach the knock out stage with 4 points.

It's only when Germany and Austria do it, that people still talk about it nearly 40 years later. ;)

Our coach decided to rest some of the players cause we could qualify even with a lose, but not higher that 2 goals difference, and as I said, he knew that the pressure is on France and they won't risk too much:p You team is the last champion so it's normal to want to avoid Germany.